• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Barry Young and Sen McCain attack FAR RIGHT!

When 2 callers asked Senator McCain (in studio guest) about the "declared terrorist" provision of the defence bill, both the NBO Young and the TBO McCain attacked the callers as being from the "FAR RIGHT" (Yep, them there far right guys always bringing up the Constitution.) The hair club duo then went on to attack Arpao over not investigating sex crimes. Does this mean that Barry Young now declares himself as a "moderate?" Can a declared moderate make it in talk radio?

Interestingly, the NBO Young is now in opposition to Glen Beck in the 7-10 PM time slot at KFYI when it come to the defense authorization Bill.. Does this mean that Young feels Beck and Alan West, etc. are from the "FAR RIGHT?" I don't care about the issue myself, but can a "Conservative" station have a flaming liberal during morning drive and still remain credible with the main demographic of angry white men?

http://www.glennbeck.com/2011/12/14/senator-mike-lee-argues-against-defense-authorization-act/

Everyone is replying to their own posting? ::)

I'm surprised this thread didn't get more attention than it received so far! People here in the Phoenix section are somewhat becoming less predictable to me all the sudden.

But then again, it is still a fairly new thread, so I'm sure the bitterness and hate are still coming as it tends to when these type of topics are erected within the Phoenix or Los Angeles section. KFYI and KTAR hosts attacking the right is nothing new to me actually. But then again, people only hear what they wish to hear instead of what's actually being said or what's happening around their ears, so this has the illusion of being shocking news. FURTHERMORE, I believe I've even heard McCain talk a bit negatively about the right a few times as well.

If anyone gets mad at any talk show host for attacking the far left, then they can't also get mad at them for attacking the far right. But then again, who am I to make these rules? It is a free country and everyone's free to just be mad all the time no matter what if they wish.  ;) Facebook is proof of that!  ;D

It is lonely out there and we have to reply to our own postings..

..is left, moderate, right and far right a radio format? I guess we have progressive radio, and conservative radio, but is there now a tea party radio, a neo-tea party radio, and a far right radio?

It was funny, Barry says: "some far right people on the Internet" blah blah...instead of "some people on this radio station"...e.g. Glen Beck.. are complaining about the "designated terrorist" provision.

It seems like a marketing position for the NBO, he has a good sense that "Far Right" is not as advertise friendly as "conservative."

What we need a new "standards agency". The question is: Should it be a government agency or an independent agency. The electrician comes to you house and tells you the problem is because your wiring does not meet NEMA standards. The plumber tells you that the toilet fails to flush because it does not meet the standards of the national plumbing code. Etc. Etc. Etc.

We need a National Bureau of Political Standards. They would write the code definitions for who and what is a liberal. And they would wrigte the code definitions for a true conservative. And they should write a code for the standard Independent. They all cities and states would declare that all citizens must choose one of the three standards.... or they forfeit their right to vote, and even more Draconian: they forfeit their right to participate in political discussion.

Then all the radio talkers would sound like the golf tournament broadcasters as they spend their afternoon opining over the intricacies of the rule book. And like golf, all citizens would be expected to self-report their rule violations.

KDM 7000 said:
I'm surprised this thread didn't get more attention than it received so far! People here in the Phoenix section are somewhat becoming less predictable to me all the sudden.

I don't know if the Phoenix area board members are a fair indication of political passion or not. I will say that living here over 30 years has taught me that most long time residents of the Valley tend to be fairly laid back when it comes to politics. Or maybe they are just more polite about getting in someone else's face about it.

Talk radio is played out in this town. Nothing new, just the same old stuff. Barely must be learning from the other Barry (Markson), the only sensible voice on KFYI when it comes to politics.

I've notice that neither Barely or Jughead takes phone calls anymore, unless its someone they agree with. Oh, they have the token call from someone with another viewpoint, but, those tend to be when they are up against a hard break...

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom