• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Back of the bus posts

Status
Not open for further replies.
F.Y.I. my post about USA Dance Mix was indeed removed by the moderators, apparently there is still a back of the bus or off of the bus in 2015. As I told them, I put a lot of time, effort, energy, research and money into my internet radio station and feel it an insult when I am kicked off the bus (board) as if I'm garbage. One man's garbage is another's treasure. The fact that I have started a new Dance format that is TAKING OFF is newsworthy (maybe not front page) but it IS news. I'm not WSB but I'm not garbage either.

enough on that, http://ratings.radio-online.com/cgi-bin/rol.exe/arb047

I can't understand why WFSH ratings fluctuate so much. People get religious one month and then not the next? They are listed as AC, but I don't listen to them.....aren't they still playing mostly religious music?

I wouldn't consider WWWQ-HD3 to be Rhythmic CHR either. Stations in that category are plaing more current material instead of mostly oldies.

Looks like Magic is going down the wrong road. Not sure what they are doing, but whatever it is it isn't working.

Last edited:
F.Y.I. my post about USA Dance Mix was indeed removed by the moderators, apparently there is still a back of the bus or off of the bus in 2015. As I told them, I put a lot of time, effort, energy, research and money into my internet radio station and feel it an insult when I am kicked off the bus (board) as if I'm garbage. One man's garbage is another's treasure. The fact that I have started a new Dance format that is TAKING OFF is newsworthy (maybe not front page) but it IS news. I'm not WSB but I'm not garbage either....

Your post was reinstated on the Dance board. There is no "back of the bus or off of the bus".. THAT is a racial accusation towards myself and the moderators of the forum. THAT can get you suspended. I'm not even sure how or where that comment came from. YOU are abusing the PRIVILEGE of posting here with ads for your station without paying. We have agreed to allow ONE to remain, WITHOUT charging you for it. And THAT is a racial issue for you? Unbelievable. Talk about looking a gift horse in the mouth. An apology will go a long way.

Simply an analogy, not meant to be taken personally.

An analogy? Of what? That unless you are white you do not get to advertise for free here?

You do understand where that phrase comes from, don't you?

And again.. an apology will go a long way, but deflecting responsibility shows the true nature of intention the post.

Simply comparing me getting kicked off the board to someone getting kicked off the bus. I've seen many questionale posts on this board over the years, and I think all of us have the same right to post on it. Just because a moderator deems it, un-newsworthy or an add, doesn't make his actions right. I am a member of this group and when you push my post off the board you push me off the bus, and I do take that personally. This bus needs to be open and with room for all on board.

I am not trying to turn it into a racial thing, you are.

Last edited:
Simply comparing me getting kicked off the board to someone getting kicked off the bus. I've seen many questionale posts on this board over the years, and I think all of us have the same right to post on it. Just because a moderator deems it, un-newsworthy or an add, doesn't make his actions right. I am a member of this group and when you push my post off the board you push me off the bus, and I do take that personally. This bus needs to be open and with room for all on board.

I am not trying to turn it into a racial thing, you are.

Free speech does not exist here. This is a PRIVATELY OWNED forum. We determine what is allowed and not allowed, who is and who is not allowed to post. However, 99% (meaning MOST) of posts are not edited by the moderators.

You need to educate yourself on racism in the 60's, Rosa Parks and the Civil Rights Movement. Believe it or not, at one time in the US History blacks, or people of color, were forced to sit at the back of the bus. As a person of color, if you did not do what the bus driver told you, you were kicked off the bus. It is TOTALLY a racial comment. If you didn't mean it that way.. THEN... You owe a deep sincere APOLOGY, which I stated previously and am yet to see.

Last edited:
If you feel offended I appologize, but that was not my intent.

I am well aware of the civil rights struggle. I've visited personally the museums in Birmingham and the new one recently opened in Atlanta. I've experienced a lot of discrimination in my own life was well. A lot of my friends are not of my color. However, any person doing something wrong can be kicked off a bus regardless of their skin color. Making a coparison of ANYONE regardless of their color being kicked off the bus (board) was my intent. If you are trying to twist it around and make something out of it, then that's you man.

If you feel offended I appologize, but that was not my intent.

I am well aware of the civil rights struggle. I've visited personally the museums in Birmingham and the new one recently opened in Atlanta. I've experienced a lot of discrimination in my own life was well. A lot of my friends are not of my color. However, any person doing something wrong can be kicked off a bus regardless of their skin color. Making a coparison of ANYONE regardless of their color being kicked off the bus (board) was my intent. If you are trying to twist it around and make something out of it, then that's you man.

It's well known that that particular phrase is a racial reference... that is where it came from. I am not MAKING it one. It IS one. Period.

How in the hell has making a reference about being pushed off the bus or to the back of the bus automatically deemed as racist. Ah gregg... Don't let it get to you. Build a bridge and move on.

Linking DailyKos shows a lot about where you are coming from, but in your twisted world-view, is any reference to a bus racial?

The article on Daily Kos is an accurate one, regardless of what Daily Kos stands for. Politically, I am on the opposite side of the fence as DK, but truth and History do not belong to ONE ideology or political party. The fact that you haven't clicked to my own website through links in my signature shows a certain ignorance on your part.

How in the hell has making a reference about being pushed off the bus or to the back of the bus automatically deemed as racist. Ah gregg... Don't let it get to you. Build a bridge and move on.

A little research on History with the links I have provided and maybe your own research on the phrase "back of the bus" will enlighten you. But, I suppose there aren't any racially explosive phrases or words in your world.. like cracker, or the ever controversial "n" word.

If any of you want to play with fire, you are at the wrong camp.

Guys.......All these posts referencing "the back of the bus", etc, etc...should they not be moved to the OFF-AIR forum? They do not belong here in a March Ratings thread.

Speaking of ratings, I do not see a format flip for 106.7 at least until the Atlanta Braves season is over.

BOTTOM LINE: and this is my last post on the subject.

Days after my original post, now that the fog has cleared. The fact that his new 40 YEARS OF DANCE format which began in Atlanta on my station is #1, #13, Top 15, Top 25, Top 25 at 5 different web radio portals which rank by popularity (after only 13 months on the air) is NEWS and it is relevant.
THE END

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom