• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

"Back in Black" by AC/DC and "Who Let the Dogs Out?" by Baha Men

If it hasn't done so already, one easy listening station in the area where I live is changing to talk. But what made this station different, aside from being stuck in 1960 with its musical choices, was the fact that commercials were always as peaceful and dignified as the music.

America's Best Music runs a Wal-Mart commercial.

My local affiliate tells what is happening in the county's schools during a commercial break twice a day, which is part of its responsibility as a community station, a big reason why I am able to listen to such good music--even though the local morning show leans more toward oldies and some of the harder stuff. Usually, it's a school official telling whats going on, but in one of the reports students are interviewed, after we are subjected to the Baha Men.

Re: "Back in Black" by AC/DC and "Who Let the Dogs Out?" by Baha Men

Which station?

Bongwater said:
Which station?
Which station what?

The easy listening station is WMUU Greenville SC.

The Dial Global affiliate is ... we'll say north of Charlotte, NC and leave it at that.

vchimpanzee said:
Bongwater said:
Which station?
Which station what?

The Dial Global affiliate is ... we'll say north of Charlotte, NC and leave it at that.

Isn't Salem buying that station and changing it to 'Jesus-Talk?'

klutch00 said:
vchimpanzee said:
Bongwater said:
Which station?
Which station what?

Isn't Salem buying that station and changing it to 'Jesus-Talk?'

Salem is buying it and changing it to conservative talk. When is the question.

I actually listened to WMUU for a few hours......Wow.....Creepy. I never heard a B/EZ playlist and format so stuffy. WMUU makes KAHM sound like a CHR morning zoo.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom