• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

BA Update

Tom Taylor (from Monday 2/4)...Allen Kepler turns his attention from Broadcast Architecture – now closed – to a new consulting venture. The rumors have been around, about the future of the BA consultancy. Today, Allen Kepler announces “the launch of a new consulting firm to advise entertainment and media companies, research firms and talent.” Kepler calls it “the next chapter of my career,” and says he’s already signed a “major broadcaster,” thanks in part to an “exclusive media consulting and business development with Dialsmith, the technology company that pioneered continuous, moment-to-moment feedback research technologies with their Perception Analyzer.” Kepler, long identified with Smooth Jazz (a BA specialty), will continue managing the Smooth Jazz Network (which just announced a Dave Koz weekend show). He’s also active with Kepler Entertainment, which does artist management. BA manager Kepler acquired Clear Channel’s interest in Broadcast Architecture in late 2009.

From the guy who single-handedly killed the format? ??? I wouldn't hire him to consult my kid's little league team. When you confuse what the listener likes with what the listener expects, it spells disaster. One of the laws of good radio and he doesn't get it. I'm sure the target demo loves Stevie Wonder, but it's not what they "expect" when they tune into a SJ station, hence the death of the format. that and the fact that CC didn't believe in the format, it was only a matter of time. Today, look at all of the major markets that do not have a SJ station, yet the music is as viable as it ever was. Plus, it's a QUALITATIVE sell, not quantitative. Hire sales people who get that and you'll make money. So glad there's Sirius-XM and Pandora.

Okay, I'm confused. If BA is gone, who is distributing the Smooth Jazz Network now? Clear Channel? Or is the network shutting down?

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom