• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

B98.5 All Request Weekend

Perhaps once an hour, B98.5 has been announcing that it's "An All Request, Open Mike Weekend," then following that up with a listener requesting a song on the app and then the requested song.

Really?

Has there been anyone live at the station to take requests and then play them? I kind of doubt it.

99.99 percent sure every call was recorded, and only requests for songs in the library and approved for airplay get aired.
Well, that goes without saying.

Reggie Beas seems to be live now, and he appears to really be taking requests (as you say, for songs approved for airplay). But that hasn't been the case throughout the weekend.

The good ole day of live stations. I remember around 1992, I had been sick with the flu and was listening to my fav station Lake 102, I called in requested a song, and it was played in 5 minutes.

I don’t believe they are taking calls but “open mic requests.” “Open mic” is a feature on their app allowing users to send audio recordings to the station.
River also has this feature on their app. I'm guessing other Cox stations have this feature in their app.

I believe you are correct. WSB has it as well.
The WSB app open mic feature is monitored. I have used it a few times to report problems with their audio on demand. Sometimes the issue would go on for days and once I reported it on the Open Mic, it was fixed in a few hours.

Back
Top Bottom