• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

B102 - sounds good JIMBO

NODAKER

Inactive
Inactive User
Jimbo - how's things in the Black Hills - I'm now in the cheese state of Wis.

Have checked in with B102 online every once and awhile and I still like the mix and sound. I also noticed the swapped the afternoon and morning guys. Know why? Guy in the morning has a little more energy which is nice plus they don't do a lot of bits, just weather and local information and music. What I really appreciate is the 7:30 pledge, I try to make a point of catching that, I like the patriotism. Became a real radio station though as I now hear commercials, knew that couldn't last, but it's still good.

I'll pop in every once and a while - hope all is well in western SD - talked with old clients in Belle and they say it's dry and no snow.

NODAKER

Hi Nodaker,

No snow in RC. I haven't had my ear on B102 a lot lately with the holidays. I noticed the swap with the morning show but don't know why. If it were me I'd be tired of getting up at 5am or earlier. ;D

The spot load seems ok to me. At least it's not 6 minutes of spots at each break.

I wrote a column for the Rapid City Journal back in October and it was published on Dec 30. It's my gripe about the lock of local and live in RC.

http://www.rapidcityjournal.com/articles/2006/12/30/news/opinion/opin01.txt

Over Christmas I was visiting my parents in Grand Forks and sampled the AM stations in the Red River Valley and I was rather surprised at all the local stuff I was hearing. Rapid City does not have a single local talk show yet Grand Forks had several on both KNOX and KCNN. What's up with that?

There are a few live and local morning shows. The point of my article was that a vast majority of stations voice track or syndicate outside of mornings. Rapid City doesn't have a single local talk show for current events and I can't think of a single station that is live and local more than 12 hours a day.

I realize Rapid City is market #276 but Bismarck #285 and Grand Forks #289 have local talk shows. The only vehicle people in Rapid City have for swapping opinions is the Rapid City Journal with letters to the editor or the Journal's message board.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom