• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Automate Hourly News Without Satellite?

I am helping out a very low budget new FM station get on the air, and one thing that they would like to offer is an hourly newscast from some network source, however, a satellite system and switch is out of the budget right now... Is there a network that offers an online delivery of a newscast? I am trying to figure out if it would be possible to automatically grab a network newscast offline somewhere, via podcast or by some other means that it can be played back via BSI Simian... Anyone else ever had a similar situation? Any ideas? Thanks!

Check out IRN USA Radio news. They offer several versions including a 5 Min TOH newscast. It's available both by Satillite and MP3 internet feed. I do some work for a station that picks it up off the net, and play it via Simian as an MP3 file.

I beleive it's also inexpensive and they will barter. www.irnusaradio.com

Feature Story News is only $15 per month and they are good.... I ran them while I was updating a college radio station.

http://www.lpfmnews.net/

If you’re running an LPFM, Part 15, RSL, Hospital, Community, College, Internet or High School radio station, why not bring your listeners the world for just pennies each day?

Feature Story News, the world’s leading independent broadcast news agency, offers even the smallest radio station the chance to carry award-winning, network quality news coverage from around the globe. For over a decade, FSN World News has been proudly carried by hundreds of radio stations worldwide, and brings on-the-scene reports from its correspondents worldwide to millions of listeners each day.

Thoughout the day, Monday – Friday, FSN World News brings your station a choice of THREE anchored newscasts:

FSN World News: 5 minutes of commercial-free world news per hour with an opt-out at 3:00.

FSN Bulletin: 3 minutes of commercial-free world news per hour.

FSN Headlines: 30 seconds of commercial-free world headlines each hour.

Simian can go get a file via FTP all on its own. If the service offers FTP where they put it up 10 minutes before the top of the hour, you can program Simian to fetch it 5 mins before the TOH.

Do that at one place with a weather forecast. Despite its simple layout and cheap price, the damn thing just runs.

Listened to the FSN demo and I can't believe public stations and others who face a budget aren't all over the service.

Its belated, but thanks for the info. Also looking for other sources of short form features, entertainment, sports, or other short programs that can be set to download in the same way for a station I am working on, if anyone has any ideas.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom