• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Aunt Jemima's Pancake House

M

miamimadman

When I was a little boy, she made me Cry. I had no idea these Restaurants were Nationwide, including Disneyland!. I’ll never forget when she came up to our Table and yelled “You didn’t eat all your Pancakes”. Anyone else with a similar story from a Restaurant Mascot? Here in Florida Chuck E Cheese supposedly hit a Kid. The Child had punched Chuck E in the Groin!

I remember when I was working overnight at the local Sambo's. The restaurant chain is defunct now, I think, but their mascot was a tiger. One night about 2:30 AM the manager tells to get into the tiger costume because there's a kid out here celebrating his birthday. So I jumped into that smelly brown felt bodybag with a tail and paws, put on the big tiger head and did my bit. Roar, snarl, etc.

After they had left, it occurred to me: who the hell celebrates a kid's birthday at nearly 3 AM? The kid (he turned 11) seemed happy, his parents didn't look like the lam from anything, and everything looked normal except it was nearly 3 AM when they finished up. Their car had out-of-state license plates but I didn't get a close look at them as they left. I have always wondered about that family and I hope they got to wherever they were going okay.

KL <P ID="signature">______________
</P>

I remember when I was working overnight at the local Sambo's. The restaurant chain is defunct now, I think, but their mascot was a tiger. One night about 2:30 AM the manager tells to get into the tiger costume because there's a kid out here celebrating his birthday. So I jumped into that smelly brown felt bodybag with a tail and paws, put on the big tiger head and did my bit. Roar, snarl, etc.

After they had left, it occurred to me: who the hell celebrates a kid's birthday at nearly 3 AM? The kid (he turned 11) seemed happy, his parents didn't look like they were on the lam from anything, and everything looked normal except it was nearly 3 AM when they finished up. Their car had out-of-state license plates but I didn't get a close look at them as they left. I have always wondered about that family and I hope they got to wherever they were going okay.

KL <P ID="signature">______________
</P>

> I remember when I was working overnight at the local
> Sambo's. The restaurant chain is defunct now, I think, but
> their mascot was a tiger. One night about 2:30 AM the
> manager tells to get into the tiger costume because there's
> a kid out here celebrating his birthday. So I jumped into
> that smelly brown felt bodybag with a tail and paws, put on
> the big tiger head and did my bit. Roar, snarl, etc.
> After they had left, it occurred to me: who the hell
> celebrates a kid's birthday at nearly 3 AM? The kid (he
> turned 11) seemed happy, his parents didn't look like they
> were on the lam from anything, and everything looked normal
> except it was nearly 3 AM when they finished up. Their car
> had out-of-state license plates but I didn't get a close
> look at them as they left. I have always wondered about
> that family and I hope they got to wherever they were going
> okay.
>
> KL
>
The Old Country Buffet restaurants in my area (NW Indiana area) have a person dressed up in a bee outfit on family night (Thursday nights). The bee (at least at the Highland Indiana location) is supposed to say nothing, but can shake their head yes or no, and can shake hands with the kids.

> When I was a little boy, she made me Cry. I had no idea
> these Restaurants were Nationwide, including Disneyland!.
> I’ll never forget when she came up to our Table and yelled
> “You didn’t eat all your Pancakes”. Anyone else with a
> similar story from a Restaurant Mascot? Here in Florida
> Chuck E Cheese supposedly hit a Kid. The Child had punched
> Chuck E in the Groin!
>

One of my brother's friends worked at the local Culvers in town.. During 4th of July he was in the "Scoopy" costume at the big 4th of July fair the town does. Anyway, this of course invited my brother and a bunch of his freinds to start "teasing the cone". It was highly amusing.

-A<P ID="signature">______________

</P>

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom