• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Audio

F

Frank_Ferreri

A while back on a earlier post I made mention that George Harrison and Phil Spector both were against re-mixing mono songs to stereo. They felt that the original feel and texture was lost. I agree totally. With that in mind, I suggested oldies stations like WJBQ broadcast in mono. Well, oddly, they are sounding very much like an AM station from back in the day lately. And that's not a good thing. What happened? No highs, no mid range. Meanwhile, Q-105 is just putting out a delight to the ears. Amazing audio.

> A while back on a earlier post I made mention that George
> Harrison and Phil Spector both were against re-mixing mono
> songs to stereo. They felt that the original feel and
> texture was lost. I agree totally. With that in mind, I
> suggested oldies stations like WJBQ broadcast in mono.
> Well, oddly, they are sounding very much like an AM station
> from back in the day lately. And that's not a good thing.
> What happened? No highs, no mid range. Meanwhile, Q-105 is
> just putting out a delight to the ears. Amazing audio.
>

I believe that they were against remixing it to multi-channel
stereo and not two-channel stereo. Either way, if you want to
listen to something in mono, by all means set your radio up to
listen in mono. I'll take stereo, thanks.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom