• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Audacy to rebrand WCBS FM to “Audacy FM 101.1”

Audacy is in very bad financial shape. They will be giving up the rights to use the CBS brand on WCBS AM and FM for an undisclosed amount of money. 101.1 will soon be known as “Audacy FM 101.1, New York’s Greatest Hits” and 880 will be known as “Audacy News Radio 880”. A very audacious move for Audacy. Sucks to lose the heritage brands, but these new brands will continue on the legacy of the stations. Audacy wants to put its brand name on two of its flagship stations in the biggest market. By this time next year, most New Yorkers will know how to spell Audacy thanks to this rebranding.

The new call letters are expected to be WACY and WACY-FM
495BF727-3FF7-407F-8B7A-7915DEE07098.jpeg33E7672F-725A-4390-AAC6-8F9A4F685526.jpeg

Giving up the CBS-branded call signs was a condition of the merger between then-Entercom and the CBS Radio group, although it didn’t have to be this soon. IIRC the time limit was 20 years.

If CBS-FM really did rebrand, they'd probably call it Big 101.1 (taking after its Philadelphia and Phoenix counterparts). And the AM would probably just be "News Radio 880" without the call letters.

Not that I'm expecting either to happen anytime too soon.

I bought this, until I saw the horrible logo for 101.1. Looks like something I would make. 🤣

That's what I get for coming to the thread after being sick all weekend.

Audacy is in very bad financial shape. They will be giving up the rights to use the CBS brand on WCBS AM and FM for an undisclosed amount of money. 101.1 will soon be known as “Audacy FM 101.1, New York’s Greatest Hits” and 880 will be known as “Audacy News Radio 880”. A very audacious move for Audacy. Sucks to lose the heritage brands, but these new brands will continue on the legacy of the stations. Audacy wants to put its brand name on two of its flagship stations in the biggest market. By this time next year, most New Yorkers will know how to spell Audacy thanks to this rebranding.

View attachment 4613View attachment 4614
It’s amazing that this sounds so plausible that I ignored the date of posting!

View attachment 4613View attachment 4614
:ROFLMAO: Its very real looking too!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom