• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

ATHENS RADIO

So my girlfriend is moving to Athens to go to Ohio University. She's a CHR listener, and I'm trying to find out more about the radio there. I researched and found 3 TOP 40 stations and 3 Hot AC's.

92.7 WCVZ - Hot AC
93.1 WNTO - Hot AC
95.1 WXIL - Top 40
96.7 WKOV - Hot AC
102.1 WRVB - Top 40
103.1 WHBR - Rock (which she also enjoys)
105.5 WXTQ - Top 40

That's a huge selection but most of that is from Marietta or Petersburg, WV... has anybody heard any of these? Many of them do not stream. I see that WRVB is Clear Channel and runs Elvis Duran so I assume it's Premium Choice, does anyone know for sure? Which ones belong on the 6 presets? I could use some background info.

Thanks!

lovejamminoldies said:
So my girlfriend is moving to Athens to go to Ohio University. She's a CHR listener, and I'm trying to find out more about the radio there. I researched and found 3 TOP 40 stations and 3 Hot AC's.
92.1 WYVK - AC the music is all over the map, kind of a trainwreck but sometimes fun to listen to
92.7 WCVZ - Hot AC - Not a bad hot AC, good signal in most of Ahens
93.1 WNTO - Hot AC - im not even sure you can pick this up in Athens, its closer to Gallipolis and only 4300w
95.1 WXIL - Top 40 - not a bad signal into Athens kinda of a boring station more hot AC than CHR
96.7 WKOV - Hot AC - weak signal in athens, and has a CP to move betweek Zanesville and Newark
102.1 WRVB - Top 40 - has been a great station in the past, now more of a CC cookie cutter, i think is mostly Voicetracked programming these days
103.1 WHBR - Rock (which she also enjoys) -Also doubt you can pick this one up in Athens, Tower is on the north Side of Parkersburg, and only 2100w
105.5 WXTQ - Top 40 - Local Radio in Athens, mostly live and not a bad station

That's a huge selection but most of that is from Marietta or Petersburg, WV... has anybody heard any of these? Many of them do not stream. I see that WRVB is Clear Channel and runs Elvis Duran so I assume it's Premium Choice, does anyone know for sure? Which ones belong on the 6 presets? I could use some background info.

Thanks!

gr8oldies said:
Should still be able to get WNCI there with good radio. Heard it at the pool at Hocking Hills State Park.

you loose WNCI just about Nelsonville, 70 miles from columbus and all those hills not much chance of getting a Columbus signal, even 175,000 watts

Thought about WNCI but yeah, it's still far away.

AllFirdUp,

Thanks a lot! 95.1 looked good and Power 105 from Athens is all over the place. They're more CHR at night but other than that, they're EXTREMELY Hot AC. But call themselves Hit Music. It sucks.

Where are you located because I can't stream any of those but Power 105.

lovejamminoldies said:

AllFirdUp,

Thanks a lot! 95.1 looked good and Power 105 from Athens is all over the place. They're more CHR at night but other than that, they're EXTREMELY Hot AC. But call themselves Hit Music. It sucks.

I'm in columbus but work takes me all over Ohio, and over the years i have spent alot of time in SE Ohio, Power 105 does a great job trying to serve a wide range of people. really what a true top 40 station used to be. But above all they are live and local and that says alot these days

lovejamminoldies said:

AllFirdUp,

In my experience you can get a few Columbus stations in Athens, but only a few. I personally have heard WNCI, 97.1 and Q FM 96 driving around that area, but you need to be in the right area and preferably facing Columbus. I don't know that you could get any of them without a very good antenna. All the times I've heard those stations, I've been in my car.
The hills hurt the signal and the elevation helps.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom