• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

ARE WE NEXT?....

J

JamzUSA

This morning, KISX FM in Tyler flipped from Top 40 to Urban AC as "Hot 107.3 Jamz...Old School and Today's R&B". Here's the thing: Steve Harvey is on in the mornings.

There have have been talk on Urbaninsite.com that Steve Harvey has signed on to come back on in Dallas, but no station is named. I do know that Clear Channel is now putting him on alot of their Urban AC stations, because he is syndicated through their company, Premiere Networks.

Is this why faces are disappearing from Mix 102.9? Hmmmmmm.......

As far as Tyler, the Blaze is about to get some competition.

http://www.kiss107i.com/main.html<P ID="edit"><FONT class="small">Edited by Musicradio on 02/20/06 01:56 PM.</FONT></P>

> This morning, KISX FM in Tyler flipped from Top 40 to Urban
> AC as "Hot 107.3 Jamz...Old School and Today's R&B". Here's
> the thing: Steve Harvey is on in the mornings.
>
> There have have been talk on Urbaninsite.com that Steve
> Harvey has signed on to come back on in Dallas, but no
> station is named. I do know that Clear Channel is now
> putting him on alot of their Urban AC stations, because he
> is syndicated through their company, Premiere Networks.
>
> Is this why faces are disappearing from Mix 102.9?
> Hmmmmmm.......
>

Not only Mix 102.9 but what about K-Soul, KRNB, K104, The Beat, and what's that station...oh yeah, Party 93.7? And if Mix leaves, who will carry a hot AC format? My guess is 96.7. <P ID="signature">______________
FCC=Freakin' Clear Channel. Also known as sluggmunki_tx on tv.com</P>

> As far as Tyler, the Blaze is about to get some competition.
>
>
> website:
> http://www.kiss107i.com/main.html
>
102.9 seems like the most likely candidate for a format flip..seeing how CC likes to take an already-established station with a decent sized listening audience and turn them to crap (see the 97.1 Eagle/Sunny/La whateverythehellitis debaucle. Besides all that mess, I like Steve Harvey and think the man could pull some decent numbers in this market since he has some roots here.

On a 96.7 flip, I could see it happening. The new managment (hopefully) will look and see this market needs a "true" alt rocker or hot AC..Plus, the "Twister" is the best example of a "placeholder stunt format" thats gone on for too long. I dont expect them to be on the air after may...my guess is memorial day weekend they'll pinkslip the airstaff, stunt for 96 hours(friday morning-tuesday morning) with no commericals and come out the other side with a new format.

> 102.9 seems like the most likely candidate for a format
> flip..seeing how CC likes to take an already-established
> station with a decent sized listening audience and turn them
> to crap (see the 97.1 Eagle/Sunny/La whateverythehellitis
> debaucle. Besides all that mess, I like Steve Harvey and
> think the man could pull some decent numbers in this market
> since he has some roots here.
>
> On a 96.7 flip, I could see it happening. The new managment
> (hopefully) will look and see this market needs a "true" alt
> rocker or hot AC..Plus, the "Twister" is the best example of
> a "placeholder stunt format" thats gone on for too long. I
> dont expect them to be on the air after may...my guess is
> memorial day weekend they'll pinkslip the airstaff, stunt
> for 96 hours(friday morning-tuesday morning) with no
> commericals and come out the other side with a new format.

Also heard that KRNB-105 dot 7 is rumored to be picking up Steve Harvey and pushing out BJ in the morning according to the vents on Urbaninsite.com<P ID="edit"><FONT class="small">Edited by X-Man on 02/20/06 09:38 PM.</FONT></P>

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom