• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

April 2016 Ratings

http://ratings.radio-online.com/cgi-bin/rol.exe/arb011

The Boys are back and so are The Tickets ratings! WXYT-FM is back on top with WJR a close second. The end of winter led to a drop for WWJ. The first time in a LONG time that WJR has led them. WOMC is steady and WCSX saw a gain. WRIF is doing reasonably well. That's the good news for Greater Media, for WMGC, it's abysmal ratings fell even further and likely were the final straw leading to Dave Shore being shown the door.

In the country music battle, WYCD saw a decent jump, while NASH was flat.

Yes, they did. An excellent point. The first real ratings steam they've had since Dave and Chuck left for WRIF.

Certainly they lost a lot of buyers on the US side, but it was money that went straight to the hosts. They couldn't afford to outbid GM for the show. I think the effect on cash flow was likely negligible. Not knowing the demographic breakout, it's hard to say if the resurgence will help them land new advertising, but I highly doubt that older demos are the ones tuning in.

Hard to say. I doubt they'll subscribe to the Arbitron (Neilsen) ratings. By selling direct to SW Detroit small business owners, they can probably hone a business model that would work. It's not going to make anyone rich, but it will provide a resource to a community and make better use of what was an underused frequency.

My post was more of a nod to your grace and thick skin in the other thread where a certain D.B.- type was looking to be offended (by whatever) and then lecture at length.

Bravo to you , sir

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom