• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

APEX 460 vs Neumann U87

Chuck Matthews sent me this short comparison audio of voice talent Scott Fisher comparing the APEX 460 and the pricy classic Neumann U87. I ust havent had time to record and post this shootout with my own pair so thanks Scott for the audio. The 460 is first, and the Nuemann is second. It is an amazing comparison of a 250 dollar mic versus a 2250 dollar mic.

www.jefflaurence.com/audio/newmic-oldmic.mp3

This is no way an endorsement per se..but I gotta tell ya...After hearing my own mics I thought it must have been a fluke. To also hear this audio I think you'll agree that this Chinese mic is most certainly not just a contender but a real champion especially at this price.

It comes down to who am I impressing here? Very few people ever see my setup, and I could easily use this mic as a daily driver.

After all the controversy about the Telefunken M16 and this mic they are becoming slightly harder to find. If you need one I have a guy who will give us Radio Info people a deal. E-Mail me for the contact info..and NO I 'm not selling these.

ALSO..a new Peluso mic is out featuring a steeltube (like the VF14) and I have one arriving here tomorrow. It may be the perfect alternative to a U47. I will post the comparison between it and my vintage U47.

> Chuck Matthews sent me this short comparison audio of voice
> talent Scott Fisher comparing the APEX 460 and the pricy
> classic Neumann U87. I ust havent had time to record and
> post this shootout with my own pair so thanks Scott for the
> audio. The 460 is first, and the Nuemann is second. It is
> an amazing comparison of a 250 dollar mic versus a 2250
> dollar mic.
>
> www.jefflaurence.com/audio/newmic-oldmic.mp3
>
> This is no way an endorsement per se..but I gotta tell
> ya...After hearing my own mics I thought it must have been a
> fluke. To also hear this audio I think you'll agree that
> this Chinese mic is most certainly not just a contender but
> a real champion especially at this price.
>
> It comes down to who am I impressing here? Very few people
> ever see my setup, and I could easily use this mic as a
> daily driver.
>
> After all the controversy about the Telefunken M16 and this
> mic they are becoming slightly harder to find. If you need
> one I have a guy who will give us Radio Info people a deal.
> E-Mail me for the contact info..and NO I 'm not selling
> these.
>
> ALSO..a new Peluso mic is out featuring a steeltube (like
> the VF14) and I have one arriving here tomorrow. It may be
> the perfect alternative to a U47. I will post the
> comparison between it and my vintage U47.
> Sounds like the 460 has better mid range and is more crisp.but for the money i'd say it's darn close to the u87.sounds like a good value.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom