• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Anyone use Savefile.com?

F

Files-Whopper

I'm having trouble getting the Stern aircheck from YouSendIt.

I have used savefile.com with great satisfaction. Has anyone here ever tried it? Unlimited downloads indefinitely as long as it's tapped at least once every 7 days.

Comments?

> I'm having trouble getting the Stern aircheck from
> YouSendIt.
>
> I have used savefile.com with great satisfaction. Has
> anyone here ever tried it? Unlimited downloads indefinitely
> as long as it's tapped at least once every 7 days.
>
> Comments?
>

Their 60 mb limit is too small - 4 hour radio show approx 116 mb (and I record at 64k; if using 128 then double that);
Stern 5 hours = 148 mb.
Keep trying, YSI goes up and down.

SteveNYC
Long Live K-Rock, Be it Dead or Alive

> YouSendIt.
>
>
> Comments?
>
I use it when YSI is down, and only as a second choice. It is much slower, and only takes one file at a time. You have to register to use it, unlike YSI which you don't have to register for unless you want to use the Beta version. There is a paid version of STF, but why pay when there are other services that are free? I'm wondering when YSI is going to go to a paid service.

There's also www.megaupload.com but I also find that very slow. My 2 cents.<P ID="signature">______________

Co/Moderator: New York,Miami,Airchecks,Classic Radio and Where Are They Now?</P>

> YouSendIt.
>
>
> Comments?
>

There are quite a few (and more every day it seems) alternatives to YSI. I find megaupload.com works best for me as a dial-up user. The files can be DL'ed with a DL manager too and you can even resume DL's without having to go back to the website.

There's also bigupload.com which has a 2 GIG limit, rapidshare.de, 11mbit.in, and others. Some of these are popular with the warez and p0rn crowd but nearly all of them have better terms than YSI. I can't speak for how fast or slow they are for broadband users, but as slow as they are is a helluva lot faster than I'm DLing. :v)

That said, could someone repost Stern's FINAL K-Rock show? I never could get to DL it.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom