• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Anybody noticed KIRO's new ads?

radioalls

Inactive
Inactive User
I heard an ad yesterday on KIRO, they were bragging about how they were the best. Are they trying to convince us, or themselves?

I have begun to turn the station when Allen Prell comes on. I just can't tolerate him. Anybody heard any gossip on lineup changes, or Allen Prell's demise?

> I heard an ad yesterday on KIRO, they were bragging about
> how they were the best. Are they trying to convince us, or
> themselves?
>
> I have begun to turn the station when Allen Prell comes on.
> I just can't tolerate him. Anybody heard any gossip on
> lineup changes, or Allen Prell's demise?
>

The ads are pompus and arrogant. It'd be fine to point out they won the awards(one for an afternoon news product that no longer exists) but couldn't they take a humble approach. Perhaps a "thanks for listening" approach, instead of a we are the mighty powerful KIRO. It didn't convince Toto in the Wizard of Oz, and it's not going to convince anyone else. KIRO, you're just a small man behind a curtain.

Time to look for another job Clendening. You and Prell will need one by the end of the year.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom