• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Any WESS East Stroudsburg Alummni on here?

K

kevin364

Just curious if there are any WESS alumni on here. I went there 1982 till 1985. I know that Chuck Seese is at WSBG in Stroudsburg. Was wondeing who else is still out there?<P ID="signature">______________
" All my life I've always had my *#@$ together...Problem is I've never been able to pick it up" (Burt Reynolds "The Longest yard")</P>

> Just curious if there are any WESS alumni on here. I went
> there 1982 till 1985. I know that Chuck Seese is at WSBG in
> Stroudsburg. Was wondeing who else is still out there?
>
WESS signed on in 1971 - I was on the air there from 1972 to 1974, many of the original people who put the station on the air were there with me at the time like Bob Garland & Dave Arndt. We were 10 watts at 88.7 FM, and the biggest problem was causing interference with area residents' Channel 6 audio reception. I hosted several shows - a rock music show playing rock clips from the recent past which I called "Contemporary Classics" before the term "Classic Rock" was coined, a weekly comedy show "The Radio Flea Market of the Air" satirizing life on the ESSC campus, the town, and rival WVPO, and also a 'progressive country' show. We also had an AM at 640 which was carrier-current to the dorms and was the try-out to get on FM. The station played a mix of top 40, rock, jazz, and some early NPR shows like a recorded weekly version of "All Things Considered". We were in the basement of Shawnee Hall on the quad. It was a great experience. I still have some tapes of my old shows I'm converting to CD just for my own entertainment!

Rob Banks at WSBG I was at WESS from 1988 till 1993
> Just curious if there are any WESS alumni on here. I went
> there 1982 till 1985. I know that Chuck Seese is at WSBG in
> Stroudsburg. Was wondeing who else is still out there?
>

Hi guys! thanks for checking in. Good to hear that some WESS alumni went the distance. I remember my days at WESS very fondly, but my old air checks scare the hell out of me!!! I, like a lot of WESS folks broke my teeth at WSBG under Sue Sherry. Had a lot of fun with Ricco as well.

AAAAHHHH.......Glory days in the Poconos!<P ID="signature">______________
" All my life I've always had my *#@$ together...Problem is I've never been able to pick it up" (Burt Reynolds "The Longest yard")</P>

> Chuck Seese here logged in radiobanks account...kaveman. please identify yourself!!!
Hi guys! thanks for checking in. Good to hear that some WESS
> alumni went the distance. I remember my days at WESS very
> fondly, but my old air checks scare the hell out of me!!! I,
> like a lot of WESS folks broke my teeth at WSBG under Sue
> Sherry. Had a lot of fun with Ricco as well.
>
> AAAAHHHH.......Glory days in the Poconos!
>

Relax Chuck! Your not being stalked by a DJ from your past!! Or then again, maybe you are! LOL!

Kevin Marshall here! We traded emails a few months back. Just doing the WESS look up thing. Saw Glen Pitchers station website today. gonna email him soon. Hope your doing well, and don't forget to have "Lunch With The Punks" every now and again. *wink*

> > Chuck Seese here logged in radiobanks account...kaveman.
> please identify yourself!!!
> Hi guys! thanks for checking in. Good to hear that some WESS
>
> > alumni went the distance. I remember my days at WESS very
> > fondly, but my old air checks scare the hell out of me!!!
> I,
> > like a lot of WESS folks broke my teeth at WSBG under Sue
> > Sherry. Had a lot of fun with Ricco as well.
> >
> > AAAAHHHH.......Glory days in the Poconos!
> >
> <P ID="signature">______________
" All my life I've always had my *#@$ together...Problem is I've never been able to pick it up" (Burt Reynolds "The Longest yard")</P><P ID="edit"><FONT class="small">Edited by kaveman on 09/22/05 01:06 AM.</FONT></P>

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom