• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Any one listening to 1110?

I would guess that of KWVE's audience, 99.8 % is 107.9 and about 0.2% is 1110. After all, 1110's night pattern doesn't even cover most of south OC, and day pattern is just barely adequate.

Did KWVE buy the 1110 transmitter land as well? If so, they're likely charging ESPN 710, which is now diplexing at the site. That revenue stream would partially offset the purchase price.

I would guess that of KWVE's audience, 99.8 % is 107.9 and about 0.2% is 1110. After all, 1110's night pattern doesn't even cover most of south OC, and day pattern is just barely adequate.
But 107.9 has little LA County coverage and 1110 brings in significant gains in that area.

KWVE recently paid $5 Million for that AM Signal, that's just to have a decent signal in most of the LA Area & surrounding region, which 107.9 isn't able to do on its own. So if no one else cares, I'm sure the availability or option / potential audience / coverage is very important to them. Similar to the K-love model, there are dedicated listeners and they receive donations, and not as much about ratings.

My bigger concern is the 99.1 translator, K256CX, other than the immediate area, are they getting any (many) listeners or use out of it, or can this signal be upgraded or moved to a better central location for optimal potential? Technically it is another FM simulcast for 107.9 but only for that small area east of Pasadena.

Last edited:
KWVE recently paid $5 Million for that AM Signal, that's just to have a decent signal in most of the LA Area & surrounding region, which 107.9 isn't able to do on its own. So if no one else cares, I'm sure the availability or option / potential audience / coverage is very important to them. Similar to the K-love model, there are dedicated listeners and they receive donations, and not as much about ratings.

My bigger concern is the 99.1 translator, K256CX, other than the immediate area, are they getting any (many) listeners or use out of it, or can this signal be upgraded or moved to a better central location for optimal potential? Technically it is another FM simulcast for 107.9 but only for that small area east of Pasadena.
Not much room...there are at the very least 13 or 14 LP FMs on that freq in the greater Los Angeles area!

That's it exactly. It's a ministry, so if it's worth it to the people who fund it, and that happens to be Calvary Chapel, so it's not only a ministry in it's self but an advertising method for the brick and mortar church, it's worth it!

Also, let's not forget this is Calvary Chapel's 2nd attempt at an AM simulcast. They once owned 660 AM in the Bakersfield area, and changed those calls to KWVE as well.

Back
Top Bottom