• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

any Christmas-free radio options?

KTAR's going geezer again with its Lawrence Welk fruitcake special.
KFYI's slightly better with the decidedly non-geriatric Mannheim Steamroller.

I'm sure glad some of the beverages I'll be consuming later will have at least some alcoholic content, because there's no way I'm going near the radio dial again until Monday morning. Time to clear the movies off the DVR and get caught up with all the albums I haven't listened to on my iPod yet.

I loathe Mannheim Steamroller, it is so bland, so dull.....

For a real good Christmas show.....head on over to www.radiofreephoenix.com, they are doing 20+ hours of Rock & Roll Christmas, cool songs, not the dreadfully bad Manheim or Barely Young's snoozefest "Christmas in America"

KJZZ has regular NPR programming today. Woo-hoo! :)I've never been so happy to hear Morning Edition. Freedom from the Perry Como geezer-fest on KTAR (the same KTAR who thinks their younger demo would apparently be hip to that sort of thing.) Now if KFYI could cede some of their Sunday night programming back to Coast to Coast AM for some tin-foil truthers talking about how the holiday is a conspiracy by the 1%'ers, that would really save the day.

KDM 7000 said:
Come on, Phoenix. Time to toughen up and stop being more sensitive than Justin Bieber fans. We do not have it that bad here and there's really not much to complain about today, really, so lets not search for it.

Some people have it worse than us when it comes to the "Christmas Radio Takeover":

http://boards.radio-info.com/smf/index.php?topic=203711.0

[Edit: worse correction; MUCH worse]

I was able to scan a brief portion of the Phoenix dial and find a few stations playing regular music. Not to mention ALL the Phoenix stations that have specialty weekend shows still featured them last night, despite the holiday (including The House Party on KZON until 4am this morning).

Some other places I've looked up have been playing ALL Christmas music - nonstop - since yesterday - on multiple frequencies - including CHR  :eek:  (and still are)!

I can't see how any town could have twice as many all Christmas formats as we do CHR formats- regardless of what day it is and how many days its done! I just can't see how! We have it easy. I'm not complaining, though. I'm just verbally expressing what I can't see. Maybe I should've received glasses for Christmas.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom