• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Another big solar flare - X2.8

X2.8 flare yesterday, 12/14, around 1700 UTC. Biggest one of the cycle so far, and the CME will strike by Sunday. Radio blackouts throughout HF yesterday, even at the 10-meter band. I expect another round of fantastic southern and auroral DX for those in southern Canada and the northern US...and Paul can get some extra sleep or make his list/check it twice up in the Great White North

X2.8 flare yesterday, 12/14, around 1700 UTC. Biggest one of the cycle so far, and the CME will strike by Sunday. Radio blackouts throughout HF yesterday, even at the 10-meter band.
Good thing the ARRL's big annual 10 meter contest was held last weekend. During cycle lows, that contest can be like pulling teeth, but hams savor the chance to fill their logs with all sorts of rarities during the highs. They'd have been shattered to have the band go dead in a peak year like this.

WWV's usual solid 5, 10 and 15 mHz signals are weaker than usual the last couple of days. It must have been bothering 60 kHz as well, because I put new batteries in my "atomic" clock and it took a couple of days to reset via WWVB.

Back
Top Bottom