• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Andy Williams has cancer

In my previous life, I supplied sound reinforcement equipment for concerts, conventions and public gatherings. I had the opportunity to supply sound for Andy Williams on several occasions. He is a class act, and just as nice in person as he was on his Christmas Specials. I wish him all the best.

Sadder still is the fact that I mentioned this to 3 guys I work with who are between 30-42 and they had no idea who Andy Williams was. I couldn't believe it. At least they did know Tony Bennett!

Wow, I hadn't heard about this; I too wish him a speedy recovery.

(And for the record, I'm 28. I grew up listening to Andy!)

Mike Sheridan said:
Sadder still is the fact that I mentioned this to 3 guys I work with who are between 30-42 and they had no idea who Andy Williams was. I couldn't believe it.

That speaks volumes, and what a tragedy it is. Likewise, a 36 year-old female co-worker of mine never heard of Perry Como. I sent her the YouTube clip of Perry's big hit of her namesake "Tina Marie."

I once had an aunt, who'd be just about 100 now, who'd never heard of Fred Astaire! My mother was absolutely dumbfounded! I talked to a teenager, the other day, who'd never heard of The Beatles!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom