• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Andy is permanent!

When is he starting with his new gig?

Already has. The official hand-off was during the 3p hour 3/21/18.
I hope Sky is OK and will find occasional opportunities to come back on air.
For those of you who don't know, he is also one of the former programming forces behind the late beloved WLUP, Chicago.

Great news!!
Sky Daniels just handed the permanent baton to Andy Chanley now the permanent drive timer at 88.5 FM

Pardon the snark, but is "permanent" the correct word for any job in radio? I work in public sector HR where it's hard to fire people, but even here, we prefer the term "regular" to "permanent."

Temporarily permanent would work, I suppose.

A lot of The Sound fans are clamoring for the rest of the old DJ crew to be hired, failing to realize Mimi and Andy have the requisite AAA background. I emailed Sky Daniels a few weeks ago and said I really don't need to ever hear anyone say "Whoo-ya" on 88.5!

Temporarily permanent would work, I suppose.

A lot of The Sound fans are clamoring for the rest of the old DJ crew to be hired, failing to realize Mimi and Andy have the requisite AAA background. I emailed Sky Daniels a few weeks ago and said I really don't need to ever hear anyone say "Whoo-ya" on 88.5!

Whoo-ya has a very special meaning to a very special station that existed at a very special place in time. As great as it was, KMET's time is gone. It has been gone since 1987. There are some people who have yet to get over this fact. To them I say it really is time to move on.

In the length of time passed, people seem to remember only the good things and not the bad. In 1986, KMET couldn't even get a decent morning show. I listened to Paraquat Kelley because I was a big Paraquat fan (making me one of dozens) but his act was not meant for morning drive and the ratings reflected as much. Rick Dees used to crack on Pat the same way Howard Stern would later crack on him, calling him "Kumquat Kelley" and wondering what he was doing on morning drive. And then there was the playlist. To say that they had lost their way is an understatement. They couldn't decide if they were "corporate rock" "K METAL" or a some sort of rock pop crossover. They were playing Cyndi Lauper records for God's sake. They needed the merciful ending they got.

Last edited:
Whoo-ya has a very special meaning to a very special station that existed at a very special place in time. As great as it was, KMET's time is gone. It has been gone since 1987. There are some people who have yet to get over this fact. To them I say it really is time to move on.

My thoughts exactly.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom