• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

AM Frequency of the Week: 680

From west Houston, KKYX is strong day and night. Nulling them at sunset/nighttime gets me KFEQ with a pretty good signal. Sometimes there's another station, maybe sports, but have never ID'd. I assume WMFS, but maybe WCNN as well?

I’m in San Angelo, Texas on business and pulled in a good signal from KNBR around 7:15 AM CDT. They were talking about the Giants and I heard an ID; KKYX was in the background, but took over entirely when they switched to their 50KW daytime signal.

KFI was also very strong out here this morning. That 200 miles makes a difference; every so often KFI makes it to Canyon Lake. Never have heard KNBR there.

I’m in San Angelo, Texas on business and pulled in a good signal from KNBR around 7:15 AM CDT. They were talking about the Giants and I heard an ID; KKYX was in the background, but took over entirely when they switched to their 50KW daytime signal.

KFI was also very strong out here this morning. That 200 miles makes a difference; every so often KFI makes it to Canyon Lake. Never have heard KNBR there.
Good catches.

I've never heard KNBR the times I've been in the Canyon Lake area, either. I also tried for it last year in Junction to no avail. The only time I've heard KNBR in Texas was when I was out west in Alpine a few years ago.

Last edited:
I've never heard KNBR the times I've been in the Canyon Lake area, either. I also tried for it last year in Junction to no avail. The only time I've heard KNBR in Texas was when I was out west in Alpine a few years ago.
In October of 1997, I was in Bandera and had my 1979 GE Super Radio with me. KKYX has a tremendous null towards Bandera; one Saturday morning 680 was talking sports and I thought KKYX had a sports talk show on Saturday morning; what I could not understand is why they were talking about Cal and Stanford; turns out I had KNBR only 20 plus miles from the KKYX towers. KKYX flipped to the daytime signal shortly thereafter and Classic Country returned and KNBR was never heard in Bandera again.

I also pulled in KNX in San Angelo on Tuesday morning. I have pulled in KNX here in Canyon Lake, but it has been a few years.

In October of 1997, I was in Bandera and had my 1979 GE Super Radio with me. KKYX has a tremendous null towards Bandera; one Saturday morning 680 was talking sports and I thought KKYX had a sports talk show on Saturday morning; what I could not understand is why they were talking about Cal and Stanford; turns out I had KNBR only 20 plus miles from the KKYX towers. KKYX flipped to the daytime signal shortly thereafter and Classic Country returned and KNBR was never heard in Bandera again.

Good to know. I’ll have to head out to Bandera some time to DX.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom