• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

AM Frequency of the Week: 1500

From NW San Antonio:

Day: A very faint signal from daytimer KBRN in Boerne, TX, 18 miles NW of me - but only on my most sensitive radios. I'm wondering if it's transmitting below its authorized 250 watts because I used to hear it with a weak but listenable signal on most of my radios.

Sunset: Lately, Spanish-language Christian daytimer KXMO in Merkel, TX, comes up with a fairly good signal. KSTP in St. Paul, MN, eventually can be heard underneath. XEDF "Radio Formula" in Mexico City comes up after KMXO signs off. Occasionally daytimer KJIM in Sherman, TX, mixes in before signing off. KJIM used to be the dominant one at sunset, and I used to hear KANI in Wharton, TX, and KCLF in New Roads, LA, mixing in as well. I never used to hear KMXO at sunset in years past.

Night: XEDF dominates with KSTP underneath and occasionally coming to the fore. I have heard r&b music from KCLF briefly on occasion when aiming E/W.

Sunrise: XEDF is stronger at day power, and then KMXO dominates for a while when it signs on. I'll sometimes hear snatches of KJIM (which used to dominate here at sunrise). XEDF is the last to fade.

DX/Retro: I've heard KJIM a couple of times during January daytime skywave. Also, I sometimes used to hear XEFL in Guanajuato at sunrise/sunset; however, I haven't heard it in several years even though it's still listed as being active.

In the Wilkes-Barre(Northeast PA) area, usually nothing during the day, but at nights it's always news WFED from Washington DC. However, at certain parts ot the day, sometimes WFED comes in and out, but with a very faint signal. That is if you placed the radio near the tunable loop antenna.

However, during the solar eclipse, WFED comes in during the middle of the afternoon for a while then faded out.

Back
Top Bottom