• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Allen Media Group’s Local Now Launches 27 Hearst Very Local News Channels

Note this deal includes KCRA, KSBW and WCVB appearing on feeds on the Allen Media Group owned app called local now.
I would be surprised if his company was bought by Hearst buy if they do give him a top job as the Hearst TV executive and broaden it's program reach with the former Litton studios. But I do want Disney to buy Hearst TV as my favorite since Disney and Hearst are rarely active to expanding their station groups

I would be surprised if his company was bought by Hearst buy if they do give him a top job as the Hearst TV executive and broaden it's program reach with the former Litton studios. But I do want Disney to buy Hearst TV as my favorite since Disney and Hearst are rarely active to expanding their station groups
IF Disney were to buy the Hearst stations, they would do one of two things...

* Flip ALL the non-ABC affiliated "Big Four" stations (Except WLKY 32) to ABC

* Sell ALL the non-ABC stations (Except WBAL 11 in Baltimore, MD) to Scripps (WBAL 11 would go EITHER to Nexstar (Most likely) OR to TEGNA/Cox/Standard/Whatever they're going to call themselves after the merger

In ANY case, WLKY 32 in Louisville, KY would remain with CBS due to its obvious OTA channel position vs. that of current ABC affiliate WHAS 11

Thoughts?

IF Disney were to buy the Hearst stations, they would do one of two things...

* Flip ALL the non-ABC affiliated "Big Four" stations (Except WLKY 32) to ABC

* Sell ALL the non-ABC stations (Except WBAL 11 in Baltimore, MD) to Scripps (WBAL 11 would go EITHER to Nexstar (Most likely) OR to TEGNA/Cox/Standard/Whatever they're going to call themselves after the merger

In ANY case, WLKY 32 in Louisville, KY would remain with CBS due to its obvious OTA channel position vs. that of current ABC affiliate WHAS 11

Thoughts?
Swap with Sinclair or divest some to Gray might be the other solution perhaps. But in case of Baltimore WMAR is among the weakest of the ABCs while KCRA is no.1 in the ratings among NBCs. KSBW might be the wild card since Monterey-Salinas only has five full powered stations with KION being the only other english player.

Swap with Sinclair or divest some to Gray might be the other solution perhaps. But in case of Baltimore WMAR is among the weakest of the ABCs while KCRA is no.1 in the ratings among NBCs. KSBW might be the wild card since Monterey-Salinas only has five full powered stations with KION being the only other english player.
It would be easier for them to do what I suggested because when you seperate all the ABC affiliates (Which Disney could make ABC O&O's INCLUDING one in Boston where NBC & CBS already have O&O's) frpm all the other stations, there aren't that many

Of thosem Scripps could take ALL of them EXCEPT WBAL 11 in Baltimore (Which would go to Nexstar as it would compliment their station in Hagerstown, MD & Washington DC's CW affiliate OR to TEGNA/Cox/Standard/Apollo or whatever they want to call themselves after the merger as it would compliment WUSA 9 in Washington DC)

Yeah WBAL 11 could go to Sinclair too but it would be made the Senior to a WBAL/WBFF duo. No additional wheeling & dealing needed

WLKY 32 could go to EITHER of the above (And would be spun off in ANY case if Disney were to decide to go the mass network switch route)

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom