• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Adult Hits In Florida

P

PassDutch

WEGT is Florida's 2nd adult hits station after the heritage adult hits station 98-9 WMMO in Orlando. Tallahasee didn't have an '80s station, BTW, so its lone oldies station flipped to adult hits. I hope WFLC in Miami & the 2 '80s stations in Tampa & Jacksonville owned by Cox flip to adult hits. 99.7 GNX in Fort Pierce ditched its dying '80s format and has been Jacked up now, by adding '90s tunes, and are there a few currents on GNX's playlist? Oldies isn't supportive at all in Tallahasee, BTW.

> WEGT is Florida's 2nd adult hits station after the heritage
> adult hits station 98-9 WMMO in Orlando. Tallahasee didn't

You're forgetting 106.9 WKZY in Gainesville which is "adult hits"

Re: WKZY

> > WEGT is Florida's 2nd adult hits station after the heritage
> > adult hits station 98-9 WMMO in Orlando. Tallahasee didn't
>
> You're forgetting 106.9 WKZY in Gainesville which is "adult
> hits"

I've held off on including WKZY in my list, but just now I went to wkzy.net, and it definitely has the look of a Variety Hits (or Adult Hits or whatever you want to call it) station. In looking at it on stoneage.yes.com, the playlist is mostly 1980-present, but I did see "Maggie May" by Rod Stewart on there (from 1971), so it does seem to fit the Variety Hits bill.

WKZY changed its format on April 1, 2005, from the best I can tell. If anyone knows otherwise, please let me know.<P ID="signature">______________
Lou Pickney
Tampa, FL
RadioHotTalk.com & VarietyHits.com</P>

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom