• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

A Christmas/Holiday Question

In Atlanta the local AC is using the C word and playing Christian carols (at last two each hour..sometimes four). Lite will be joined by a few Christian stations in the next day or so. Are they trying to keep listeners from choosing the Christian compeition or is the station not being Politically Correct by choice. Before a local Christian station tried to compete with Lite, the AC didn't play many Christian carols and used the "Holiday Music" tag.

Are you in a market without a Christian AC that plays secular and spirtual? And if so, does the station in your area play Holiday music referring to the music as Christmas or Holiday, and does that station play Christian carols?

BTW I am a Christian and celebrate Christmas so I am not bashing anything I just want to know what the situation is in your neck of the woods. <P ID="signature">______________
In Harmony
From the Bop Shop,
Brian "BD Bopper"</P>

> In Atlanta the local AC is using the C word and playing
> Christian carols (at last two each hour..sometimes four).
> Lite will be joined by a few Christian stations in the next
> day or so. Are they trying to keep listeners from choosing
> the Christian compeition or is the station not being
> Politically Correct by choice. Before a local Christian
> station tried to compete with Lite, the AC didn't play many
> Christian carols and used the "Holiday Music" tag.
>
> Are you in a market without a Christian AC that plays
> secular and spirtual? And if so, does the station in your
> area play Holiday music referring to the music as Christmas
> or Holiday, and does that station play Christian carols?
>
> BTW I am a Christian and celebrate Christmas so I am not
> bashing anything I just want to know what the situation is
> in your neck of the woods.
>
In Chicago, WLIT the AC station is all Christmas. They call themselves "The Holiday Lite" but also will say "Playing Continuous Christmas Music All Season Long." Even their billboards and TV commercials say "The Holiday Lite" and "All Christmas Music." It's a CC station too. Not quite sure on the amount of Christian music played.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom