• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

A CAPITOL 4'TH vs. The Boston Poops

parklane

Inactive
Inactive User
A CAPITOL 4'TH vs. The Boston Poops

Hope PBS will still broadcast "A Capitol Fouth" this year. It has become head and shoulders a more patriotic and classic performance compared to the dismal sell out of the Boston Pops.

July 4th Concerts On TV (Was: Re: "A Capitol Fourth" vs. The Boston Pops

Indeed, PBS (and WGBH-2) will carry "A Capitol Fourth" live on July 4th from 8 to 9:30 P.M.

I may use my VCR or Tivo to tape it, as I will probably be watching the Boston Pops telecast live.

BTW, July 4th may be a multiple VCR or multiple Tivo night: Besides the Boston Pops and "Capitol Fourth", NBC (including WHDH-7) will carry the "New York Fourth Of July Fireworks Spectacular" from 9 to 10 P.M.

FYI: Outside of Boston, only the 10-11 P.M. portion of the Boston Pops' concert and fireworks will be seen on the rest of the CBS network. Hopefully, WBZ-4 and CBS will have a better "transition" from local to network than they did last year

Re: July 4th Concerts On TV (Was: Re: "A Capitol Fourth" vs. The Boston Pops

In this poster's opinion, Ch. 4 and The Boston "Poops" have a long way to go to repair the damage they have done to this institution.

> Indeed, PBS (and WGBH-2) will carry "A Capitol Fourth" live
> on July 4th from 8 to 9:30 P.M.
>
> I may use my VCR or Tivo to tape it, as I will probably be
> watching the Boston Pops telecast live.
>
> BTW, July 4th may be a multiple VCR or multiple Tivo night:
> Besides the Boston Pops and "Capitol Fourth", NBC (including
> WHDH-7) will carry the "New York Fourth Of July Fireworks
> Spectacular" from 9 to 10 P.M.
>
> FYI: Outside of Boston, only the 10-11 P.M. portion of the
> Boston Pops' concert and fireworks will be seen on the rest
> of the CBS network. Hopefully, WBZ-4 and CBS will have a
> better "transition" from local to network than they did last
> year
>

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom