• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

99X is Back

Cumulus has managed to get its 99X translator at 98.9 back on the air with a null toward the southwest. The power is 180 watts at 1,007 feet HAAT.

The signal had to sign off several months ago because of interference to 98.9 in Tallapoosa, GA.

I have thought about this for awhile. If 99X were to come back on air, it might give Alt 105.7 a chance to change formats. I’m sure some of Alt’s ratings will be affected by 99X coming back on the air and their ratings aren’t that great right now as is.

I have thought about this for awhile. If 99X were to come back on air, it might give Alt 105.7 a chance to change formats. I’m sure some of Alt’s ratings will be affected by 99X coming back on the air and their ratings aren’t that great right now as is.

Sometime competition makes you better.

If IHeart flips 105.7 it will not be because someone else has a station for the listeners to go too. They could care less what happens to (non) format listeners. I will might get to talk with my source in the building of career death otherwise known as the IHeart/CC Atlanta cluster tomorrow at the family Christmas gathering. In the past some CC flips were instigated by Texas especially if sales goals were not meant a couple of years in a row. I doubt IHeart will give up “automatic” (the only decent signal Alternative station in the market) buys.

99X’s return is in name only. The talent is gone. The music is different. The upper management to support it with a good signal is not in place. That “generation” has grown up. It sucks growing up.

Merry Christmas

99X has been back on air for a while now. Can we have RDS details back on 98.9? Also can we get a higher quality (and stereo) feed back on 99.7 HD2?

Thanks Cumulus :)

They should just put 99x out of it's misery. Alternative Rock is not what it used to be. This is not 1997.

Or maybe...play all the music with the jocks from the 90’s that made 99x a legend!

...oh, I forgot, they already tried that at least once. Failed.

The kid who were jamming to 99x in 97 have kids of their own and moved to the suburbs. Or just left Atlanta for greener pastures (I got a very up-and-coming, transient vibe from 90’s Atlanta) They have no need for a somewhat distant, staticky station ever since they discovered (insert streaming app here).

I see someone is working on the HD side of things. Labels now on the 3 services and stereo for 99X And OG. Now maybe a higher bitrate and it'll sound better. When did Rock 100.5 lose it's HD signal?

I see someone is working on the HD side of things. Labels now on the 3 services and stereo for 99X And OG. Now maybe a higher bitrate and it'll sound better. When did Rock 100.5 lose it's HD signal?

Rock 100.5 hasn’t been in HD for several years now. When it was in HD, it was the only FM in Atlanta that had just one HD channel. It sounded amazing because all the bandwidth went to the one HD channel.

Rock 100.5 hasn’t been in HD for several years now. When it was in HD, it was the only FM in Atlanta that had just one HD channel. It sounded amazing because all the bandwidth went to the one HD channel.

I noticed that too. Why was that? Was it to try to squeeze out more analog coverage and blank more of WSSL's interference on the NE side?

I noticed that too. Why was that? Was it to try to squeeze out more analog coverage and blank more of WSSL's interference on the NE side?

Isn’t WNNX the only Atlanta station transmitting off Peachtree Plaza? I know WZGC did at one time but moved over to the tower at 1800 Briarcliff Road. Your theory sounds accurate.

Isn’t WNNX the only Atlanta station transmitting off Peachtree Plaza? I know WZGC did at one time but moved over to the tower at 1800 Briarcliff Road. Your theory sounds accurate.

Yes, if you don't count WTBS and its Channel 6 87.7 Franken-FM (or did it go off the air?)

Correct. It's regional Mexican.

Pre-1990, 94.1 transmitted from there. And 92.9 was there until around 2005. Also, until the Digital transition, WUPA-TV (CW 69) was up there.

When the class C's had to be re-rated to C, C0, C1, C2, C3, WZGC was the only FM station left at Peachtree Plaza. The other station(s) moved to get the extra few feet (it was not much) to be rated C0. WZGC is now a C1 because they stayed on the Peachtree Plaza stick.

When the class C's had to be re-rated to C, C0, C1, C2, C3, WZGC was the only FM station left at Peachtree Plaza. The other station(s) moved to get the extra few feet (it was not much) to be rated C0. WZGC is now a C1 because they stayed on the Peachtree Plaza stick.

Didn't one station bring in earth-moving equipment to grade down the area around their tower to get a few more feet above ground level? Or are the classes governed by HAAT? Or was the grading sufficient to increase their HAAT as well?

WZGC used to make a big to-do about broadcasting from the world's tallest hotel or something like that.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom