• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

98 Rock in Charleston

How much longer will WYBB in Charleston last? They recently dropped Bubba the Love Sponge morning show and are all music in AM Drive. Their ratings have been up and down for a while. But, that 1.6 that came out today even after the AM change and changes in the playlist (playing more Classic rock from 70s artists like Heart, Foghat, Alice Cooper, Pink Floyd and etc) haven't seemed to help.

Would Charleston be better off with a KZQ (alt lean) like format? I know 96 Wave's last days weren't so great rating wise as well. But, that was in 2007. Perhaps enough effort wasn't put into 96 Wave to keep it going. It still is a legendary name and I know a lot of Charlestonians haven't forgotten it.

Can I assume The Bridge is a completely different station? Last I heard it was alternative, but that could mean something different from KZQ.

KZQ, last time I checked, was all over the place, with some relatively soft rock-leaning AC type material, with the occasional grunge type tune. What I heard this one time is what I would expect AC to sound like if it focused on the rock side.

Yep. The Bridge is at 105.5 and they have more AAA songs. More 90s and 00s stuff. Used to have Richard Todd in the morning. Has been around about 20 years. Co-owned with 98 in same building.

Back
Top Bottom