• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

94.5 Spanish Language?

M

mikebatchelor

I was listening to nearly local 94.5K KRXL Kirksville, MO, here in Bowling Green, MO when it was overridden by a Spanish station.

The format sounds like "Regional Mexican", and I don't speak Spanish, but made out something along the lines of "Fiesta Mexicana Musical"

The only 94.5 listed on 100000watts.com with a Regional Mexican format is KGEN-FM Hanford, CA. Can anyone help me ID this station?

and 96.9 Also?

A further scan of the band came up with a similar sounding Spanish station on 96.9. Perhaps Mexico? Weather has been particularly hot and humid the past couple of days here.

> I was listening to nearly local 94.5K KRXL Kirksville, MO,
> here in Bowling Green, MO when it was overridden by a
> Spanish station.
>
> The format sounds like "Regional Mexican", and I don't speak
> Spanish, but made out something along the lines of "Fiesta
> Mexicana Musical"
>
> The only 94.5 listed on 100000watts.com with a Regional
> Mexican format is KGEN-FM Hanford, CA. Can anyone help me
> ID this station?
>

Re: and 96.9 Also?

Mike - for international ID's, I suggest www.tvradioworld.com. That's the site my roommate (here in Ames, IA) used this morning after the whims of E-skip brought us 90.9 XHAHC ("La Caliente") out of Chihuahua, along with an un-ID'ed signal right next door on 91.1. :-D

Strangely, the skip this morning was fading back and forth by over 35 dB (estimated) every 30-40 seconds... and an hour later, it was literally GONE. Completely. I understand the large-scale disappearance, but the short-scale fading kind of confounds me. I wonder what gives...

> Strangely, the skip this morning was fading back and forth
> by over 35 dB (estimated) every 30-40 seconds... and an hour
> later, it was literally GONE. Completely. I understand the
> large-scale disappearance, but the short-scale fading kind
> of confounds me. I wonder what gives...

Really, deep short-term fading is normal with skip openings. (as opposed to the shorter-distance tropospheric openings, where fading is usually much more gradual)

Were you receiving any e-skip from North Carolina? There's a 100,000-watt regional Mexican format, WYMY "La Ley", on 96.9 FM in Goldsboro, NC (60 miles ESE of Raleigh).

> A further scan of the band came up with a similar sounding
> Spanish station on 96.9. Perhaps Mexico? Weather has been
> particularly hot and humid the past couple of days here.
>
> > I was listening to nearly local 94.5K KRXL Kirksville, MO,
>
> > here in Bowling Green, MO when it was overridden by a
> > Spanish station.
> >
> > The format sounds like "Regional Mexican", and I don't
> speak
> > Spanish, but made out something along the lines of "Fiesta
>
> > Mexicana Musical"
> >
> > The only 94.5 listed on 100000watts.com with a Regional
> > Mexican format is KGEN-FM Hanford, CA. Can anyone help me
>
> > ID this station?
> >
>

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom