• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

939 MIA flips to Totally 939 All 90’s all the time!

I think I am the only one on this board who likes Totally 93.9. The only drawback is the hokey name of the station. And while I admit that the station is not programmed for Miami in terms of music, I like the variety and I like the fact that they play '90s songs that generally cannot be heard elsewhere. In addition, unlike other iHeart stations, 93.9's playlist is not ridiculously small. I hope the numbers improve and the station sticks around.
It's not a terrible radio station but it doesn't feel like Miami. Is it even programmed locally or does iHeart just shotgun out a bunch of 90s songs to every station that has the format and leave it at that?

David Beckham has been trying to get a new Major League Soccer stadium approved and built in Miami for years now. He's finally got some traction so time will tell how that does.
The problem is that the majority of Hispanics in Miami do not have a soccer-based heritage. Cuba, the Dominican Republic and Puerto Rico are non-soccer nations. Same for Nicaragua, which has a large population representation in Miami.

Colombians are true soccer fans, but not enough to fill a venue. Venezuelans are mixed between soccer and baseball. And that community is still smaller than the rest.

Could Audacy turn 104.3 into its sister station Atlanta’s Star 94? The Rhythm of Miami ? Since 939 doesn’t want to be bothered, it could work for 104.3. Thoughts ?

An exact replica of Star 94 wouldn't be a good idea for Miami. We're talking two very different markets. That said, I do think a gold-driven Rhythmic AC that also plays a smattering of recurrents could produce decent results in Miami. The key would be to program the station in a way that is complementary to Power 96 as opposed to stepping on its toes.

Just heard this (paraphrased) sweeper on 104.3: "Just apply the two minute promise to keep from playing more than two minutes of commercials at a time. Mmm! Smells like desperation!"
Self deprecating humor is cool, but oof.

Dead air on 104.3 for the last half hour or so
Stations do go off the air on occasion. No matter how redundant the systems may be, things like a lightening hit, a fire in the building or other evacuation, tower failure or damage, vandalism, etc. can put the best planned station off the air on occasion.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom