• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

93.9 WKYS, 95.5 WPGC, 96.3 WHUR, and Magic 102.3

I know these urban/urban ac stations are in the Top of the DC's radio market ratings, but just couristy, is Urban/or Urban AC radio "only" targets blacks? Do other ethnic groups or white people listen to urban radio? If so what are the percentage of white,asians,hispanics listen to Urban radio?

> I know these urban/urban ac stations are in the Top of the
> DC's radio market ratings, but just couristy, is Urban/or
> Urban AC radio "only" targets blacks? Do other ethnic groups
> or white people listen to urban radio? If so what are the
> percentage of white,asians,hispanics listen to Urban radio?
>

It's not that they "ONLY" target African Americans, but it's no different than ESPN/FSN/CSN targeting Males. There definitely is a group of other ethnicities that listen to Urban Radio. The percentage is hard to say because based on different areas in the US. Washington DC has a large Black population.

As far as what you asked is concerned, that's a pretty silly thing to ask. That's like asking if blacks, asians, etc listen to DC101 or HFS. There is definitely a percentage that does, but they target the Urban market because thats what they do.

I thought that nowadays, rap and hip-hop also greatly appeal to young (ages 15-35) whites and Hispanics, especially males.

Supposedely, the increasing interest in hip-hop among young white men is the major reason why rock radio ratings have nosedived in most markets of late.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom