• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

92.9 FM Reading Translator for WLAN-FM?

A few things to note here...

First, this translator application has been on the books since 2003 and is still not a Construction Permit.

Second, even if a 92.9 translator comes to fruition doesn't necessarily mean that Clear Channel will win it or put WLAN on it if they do win it - University of Pennsylvania also has an application for the same channel in Reading.

And finally, I wouldn't say that WLAN exactly serves Reading and Berks with stellar signal. Sure, it's probably the best Lancaster signal to be heard in Reading (if you don't count WIOV as a Lancaster signal), but at that it's just ok if you're listening on a car stereo. In my office in Wyomissing there's hardly a trace of WLAN and I have a west-facing window. Several Philly signals are at least listenable - not WLAN.

Here's a question I have. Why have a FM translator in Reading for WBYN 107.5 on 107.9 When WBYN has it's transmitter in District Twp. Berks County? Which is approx. 15 miles east of Reading.

Neither 92.9 Translator survivied the LPFM preclusion test for Reading. They were both dismissed on 4/25/2013.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom