• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

92.3 Cherryville

I see a CP for KTC broadcasting's Big O Country WCSL (W222CO) to change frequencies to 92.9 from the tower on Crowders Mountain near Gastonia (same location as 101.9 WBAV) looks like it'll have a decent signal from Gastonia to Blacksburg SC, with a null towards the east (signal won't make it into Charlotte) but maybe I can hear it in Gaffney? The current signal at 92.3 and 1590 AM barely Reaches Shelby about 10 miles away.

I remember when every time there was a sports broadcast on WCSL it was also on WGNC 1450, WOHS 730 and WLON 1050. WOHS moved to 1390 but is there still anything like that going on?

Not long ago I heard a simulcast of WOHS 101.5 (W268CU) on 101.1 WGNC (W266DC) in Gastonia but I think it was a program for the hour. Im amazed how well WGNC on 101.1 comes in towards Blacksburg SC right over WROQ its too close I believe. Tower also on Crowders Mountain near Gastonia....For now the Cherryville station at 92.3 ID's as WCSL Cherryville/Gastonia but it's signal doesn't reach the majority of the city of Gastonia at all. 92.9 is a clear frequency except during tropo when WEGX from Dillon/Florence comes in well.

92.9 (WCSL) now broadcasting from
Crowders Mountain near Gastonia
with a pretty decent signal

Can hear it fine in Gaffney,
a great complement to 101.5 from Shelby (WOHS)

Though directional it seems pretty close to 92.7 from Charlotte, which also reaches Gastonia...

Last edited:
Great line of sight, decent signal makes it all the way into Gaffney and past Cowpens and into parts of Spartanburg, where it then starts to interfere with the Greenville Spanish station...

Haven't tried it from Gastonia towards Charlotte yet but its seems they would do quite well towards CLT Airport.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom