• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

860wgul.com

Sloppy work, needs to be cleaned up. They put that up in a hurry. Photos page shows the same logo with news talk 660 and a call that starts with a K. Some local huh? Then another page talks about WNTR's launch.....
Isnt corporate radio run from Dallas, or San Antonio, or Atlanta or whereever a lot of fun??? What do they know about Tampa???

> The web site for the new WGUL is at
>
> http://860wgul.com/
>
> The page says "WELCOME TO WGUL.COM," although right now if I
> go to wgul.com I get an announcement that the domain name is
> for sale for about $3825.
>

What do they know about Tampa

Not very much if they call it "Tampa's talk radio 860 WGUL." They should realize that "Tampa Bay" works better especially when most of your signal and potential audience is on the Pinellas side of the bay.

Re: What do they know about Tampa

> Not very much if they call it "Tampa's talk radio 860 WGUL."
> They should realize that "Tampa Bay" works better especially
> when most of your signal and potential audience is on the
> Pinellas side of the bay.
>

Touché! Way to go FloridaBear1776. You show those foriegn b*stards how we do it here in TAMPA BAY! I'm tired of seeing our jobs outsourced to far away lands like India, Oklahoma, and Dade County. How much longer are we gonna take this crap? I for one say "I'm mad as hell, and I'm not going to take it anymore!!"

As you can probably tell, I'm currently unemployed. If there's a PD in the Tampa Bay area reading this... I am available for voice work, production, board op, promotions or even washing the station's remote van. I'll do anything... even if it means stooping to the level of morning show host in India, Oklahoma or Dade County.

Speaking of the WGUL website, check out the pictures page. It has some snaps of the DALLAS,TX home show featuring 660 KSKY with an identical logo to the 860 WGUL logo that heads up the GUL's website. Actually, www.ksky.com is the same website, except for the picture of Dallas instead of Tampa. I wouldn't be a bit surprised if we heard Cowboys games on WGUL soon enough. Incidentally, they are both owned and operated by Salem Communications headquartered in Camarillo, California.

http://860wgul.com/photos/default.aspx

Re: What do they know about Tampa

> > Not very much if they call it "Tampa's talk radio 860
> WGUL."
> > They should realize that "Tampa Bay" works better
> especially
> > when most of your signal and potential audience is on the
> > Pinellas side of the bay.
> >
>
> Touché! Way to go FloridaBear1776. You show those foriegn
> b*stards how we do it here in TAMPA BAY! I'm tired of seeing
> our jobs outsourced to far away lands like India, Oklahoma,
> and Dade County. How much longer are we gonna take this
> crap? I for one say "I'm mad as hell, and I'm not going to
> take it anymore!!"
>
> As you can probably tell, I'm currently unemployed. If
> there's a PD in the Tampa Bay area reading this... I am
> available for voice work, production, board op, promotions
> or even washing the station's remote van. I'll do
> anything... even if it means stooping to the level of
> morning show host in India, Oklahoma or Dade County.
>
> Speaking of the WGUL website, check out the pictures page.
> It has some snaps of the DALLAS,TX home show featuring 660
> KSKY with an identical logo to the 860 WGUL logo that heads
> up the GUL's website. Actually, www.ksky.com is the same
> website, except for the picture of Dallas instead of Tampa.
> I wouldn't be a bit surprised if we heard Cowboys games on
> WGUL soon enough. Incidentally, they are both owned and
> operated by Salem Communications headquartered in Camarillo,
> California.
>
> http://860wgul.com/photos/default.aspx
>

Er, add http://www.1360wkat.com to that list too; WKAT-Miami also O&O'ed by Salem.

www.whereyouropinioncounts.com

The Salem web site listing every Salem News/Talker in the country...

Same logos in Dallas, Cincinnati, San Francisco, Chicago, etc...

Pretty much the same lineups, too.

WBOB here in Cincy had Bill O'Reilly when the station first dropped sports and went N/T. Since they dropped him and went with their in-house guy Dennis Prager, the station has been off the Arbitron radar. The tiny 500 watt AM gospel station gets ratings. They don't.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom