• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

85th Birthday of Radio in the South and Georgia Radio Hall of Fame

moneynews

Inactive
Inactive User
From Mike Kavanagh of WSB Radio:

March 15th is the 85th birthday of radio in the South and the 85th birthday of WSB Radio. As the unofficial historian for WSB, I will be putting together a series of reports each week for the rest of the year to spotlight some of the historic moments in broadcasting on WSB (i.e. The live report on D-Day from WSB’s own reporter – who flew over Normandy and returned to do a live report back to Atlanta). The reports will also be available at www.wsbhistory.com, which as many of you know is my personal web site and independent of Cox Radio.

March 15th is also the day that a group of Georgia broadcasters (myself included) will unveil The Georgia Radio Hall of Fame. The purpose of the organization is to honor radio broadcasters from all over Georgia for their great contributions to the industry. On March 15th, the names of 22 people who have passed on will be unveiled as the first Legacy inductees to the Hall. After that, people who have joined the organization will vote this summer to induct 11 broadcasters a year into the Hall. The Hall of Fame membership will be open to radio professionals and anyone else who loves radio. Dues will be $25 a year. We plan on having a formal induction ceremony for the new inductees in the fall of this year. I invite you all to join the Georgia Radio Hall of Fame when the web site opens March 15th at www.georgiaradiohalloffame.org

moneynews said:
From Mike Kavanagh of WSB Radio:

March 15th is the 85th birthday of radio in the South and the 85th birthday of WSB Radio. As the unofficial historian for WSB, I will be putting together a series of reports each week for the rest of the year to spotlight some of the historic moments in broadcasting on WSB (i.e. The live report on D-Day from WSB’s own reporter – who flew over Normandy and returned to do a live report back to Atlanta). The reports will also be available at www.wsbhistory.com, which as many of you know is my personal web site and independent of Cox Radio.

March 15th is also the day that a group of Georgia broadcasters (myself included) will unveil The Georgia Radio Hall of Fame. The purpose of the organization is to honor radio broadcasters from all over Georgia for their great contributions to the industry. On March 15th, the names of 22 people who have passed on will be unveiled as the first Legacy inductees to the Hall. After that, people who have joined the organization will vote this summer to induct 11 broadcasters a year into the Hall. The Hall of Fame membership will be open to radio professionals and anyone else who loves radio. Dues will be $25 a year. We plan on having a formal induction ceremony for the new inductees in the fall of this year. I invite you all to join the Georgia Radio Hall of Fame when the web site opens March 15th at www.georgiaradiohalloffame.org

The GRHOF should for anyone in Georgia who loves radio, especially at a time when this industry could use a boost in the worst way. Other than that, a Happy 85th Anniversary to WSB Radio.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom