• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

660 The Answer (KSKY)

Just curious, does anyone know what the deal is with The Answer’s FM frequencies? Up until recently the logo on their website indicated the station was on 92.9 in Dallas, 95.5 in Arlington and 99.9 in Fort Worth. 92.9 is on the air in Dallas, but it appears that this is unlicensed. I saw years ago that they were claiming they could broadcast on that frequency without a license, due to interference on the AM station. That was years ago, 92.9 is still on the air and it still appears there is no license.

In regards to 95.5 in Arlington, they aren’t broadcasting on this frequency and I don’t think they’ve been broadcasting there for at least the past couple of years. I’m not sure about 99.9 in Fort Worth, as I don’t get out that way too often.

Just curious if anyone has the answer to my questions about The Answer’s FM frequencies.

Just curious, does anyone know what the deal is with The Answer’s FM frequencies? Up until recently the logo on their website indicated the station was on 92.9 in Dallas, 95.5 in Arlington and 99.9 in Fort Worth. 92.9 is on the air in Dallas, but it appears that this is unlicensed. I saw years ago that they were claiming they could broadcast on that frequency without a license, due to interference on the AM station. That was years ago, 92.9 is still on the air and it still appears there is no license.

In regards to 95.5 in Arlington, they aren’t broadcasting on this frequency and I don’t think they’ve been broadcasting there for at least the past couple of years. I’m not sure about 99.9 in Fort Worth, as I don’t get out that way too often.

Just curious if anyone has the answer to my questions about The Answer’s FM frequencies.
I don’t know about the current state of those signals, but they weren’t unlicensed per se. The were operated by special temporary authority from the FCC and were renewed regularly. If I remember correctly, they came about due to a Mexican station that was operating beyond authorized power and schedule at night.

The three "emergency" FM repeaters were all granted in 2008 due to nighttime interference from Mexican stations XEEY and XEDTL, under the stipulation that "in the event any of the FM translator stations proposed in the pending applications become operational, the emergency KSKY(AM) FM repeater station specified herein will be required to immediately cease operation."

Dallas:

Arlington:

Fort Worth:

Back
Top Bottom