• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

620 WDAE night pattern?

I'm way too close (Clearwater) to detect any changes, but a friend of mine who lives near Gainesville (FL) told me that 620'night signal is much weaker than ever before, and this has only recently happened. Antenna adjustment? Ground radials altered? Or power reduction? I haven't noticed any obvious activity on the old towers at Gandy when driving by, but...

They've been running with a 10kw STA for years because of Cubaan interferance. Maybe they let the STA go and went back to thier licensed 5kw

> I'm way too close (Clearwater) to detect any changes, but a
> friend of mine who lives near Gainesville (FL) told me that
> 620'night signal is much weaker than ever before, and this
> has only recently happened. Antenna adjustment? Ground
> radials altered? Or power reduction? I haven't noticed any
> obvious activity on the old towers at Gandy when driving by,
> but...
>

No Way, Jose....

We will get a foot of snow in Tampa before they give up the STA for 10KW, even though Russian radio from Cuba which was the reason for it to start with went away in the mid 80's..... If I recall, it also slammed 1040 which was WHBO at the time. I recall Scott Robbins making the best of it with promos and contests and someone even came up with a song called "I dont like Russian Radio". Boy, I miss WHBO, that was local radio at it's best with no consultants telling them when they could fart.

Maybe, CC is starting to work on their tower replacement which would require operation at lower power.

> They've been running with a 10kw STA for years because of
> Cubaan interferance. Maybe they let the STA go and went back
> to thier licensed 5kw
>
> > I'm way too close (Clearwater) to detect any changes, but
> a
> > friend of mine who lives near Gainesville (FL) told me
> that
> > 620'night signal is much weaker than ever before, and this
>
> > has only recently happened. Antenna adjustment? Ground
> > radials altered? Or power reduction? I haven't noticed
> any
> > obvious activity on the old towers at Gandy when driving
> by,
> > but...
> >
>

> >It's either an antenna adjustment or the ground
> radials were altered

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom