• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

5pm / friday Kickoff

(even if it is sponsored ), do stations have the 5pm friday kickoff ?
with say a baseline song [ maybe an instrumental of a song
in heavy rotation] with "crazy" audio clips mashed together into
a minute or so mix ???

Many stations still do "Friday Kickoff" montages and audio clips. I produced one many many years ago in Raleigh. Other stations, like our AM, play a "trilogy" of songs that are well known in this market; Friday On My Mind, Born to Run, Cleveland Rocks. Those three songs at 5p or 6p were the official start to the weekend on rock WMMS for over 20 years. Other stations have picked them up now that WMMS is talk in PM drive.

WQEN (CHR/Birmingham) had a great 5 p.m. weekend kickoff for a while that was really high-energy. It started with an end of workday whistle, I can't think of what those are officially called but it's like the one on the Flintstones' theme, then right into a big, loud CHR song for about ten minutes. It was legit and I think still a great idea for some formats, particularly CHR, Adult CHR, Rhythmic, Rock and Classic Rock.

Buffalo, late 80s/early 90s used to
have two competing CHR's have AWESOME sounders...
(now curiously enough - both owned by the same cluster)

Why I submitted this post:
I happen to tune into KIIS ( via xm) at 8pm on a friday
and thought...what are they playing - oh yea, 8pm, in Niagara Falls NY
means 5pm LA Time... it sounded FUN - but just caught the end of it...

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom