• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

4 Topaz Ultra Isolator line noise supression Xfrmrs for 4 part 15 AM stations

Do you operate a part 15 AM and have hum/noisy power/buzz "issues"?
I found things sounded a lot cleaner when I bought one of these at a surplus store for 75 dollars about 5 years ago.
It does a good job of keeping the rf from the part 15 station from traveling out the line cord, and keeps the
nasty noise on the power from getting anywhere near the audio or radio equipment.
Better, in both directions.
4 machines where I work were retrofitted about 10 years ago and these have been sitting idle.
My employer permitted the removal of the 4 no-longer used Topaz power line noise isolation transformers.
They are 500 VA, 120/240 v input and output, and weigh 29 pounds.

If you have a part 15 AM and would like one of these, I'm ready to discuss almost-free pricing to make sure these go into use
helping part 15 AM. Anyone else would be paying actual market pricing, and these seem to be at $225 on ebay.
I want to make sure I'm taking a loss on my time so there's no question of me looking for profits.
I have no idea what shipping 29 pounds costs, I just want these to help other part 15 AMs as soon as possible.

Tom, you're sounding generous.. how much might $almostfree be, and shipping to 31328 ?

rich (at) tybeeisland dot com

Almost free is shipping plus about 10 bucks for my work.
That means my loss of sleep to pack and ship during daytime when I am normally sleeping..
Any profit would mean my knowing someone else who loves AM can have signal without hum.

One has pretty much been spoken for....that leaves 3.

I've got a low level hum on the AM that I can't seem to isolate, I suspect the battery backups. Where would the isolator be placed in the equipment chain? If this would solve the problem, I'd be thrilled to have an opportunity to have one.

Thanks for the offer and consideration.

rickity
www.gulchradio.com

Rickityone and Richard J Powers, you may consider the next 2 as yours. I'll be sending PMs.
Sorry for the delay.
Not sure how I slipped here, but it may have been something to do with changing jobs.
Bill De Felice just tried one out and found a considerable improvement.
He generously sent 50 dollars, so I figure if each of you send 25 dollars for shipping, then you two each get one for 25 dollars,
I get twenty five dollars for the effort, and the last person gets one free just for asking.
What a deal, and the radio sounds better.

It sounds like there's one yet to be spoken for.

Tom Wells said:
Rickityone and Richard J Powers, you may consider the next 2 as yours. I'll be sending PMs.
Sorry for the delay.

You might have been waiting on me to let you know about how it worked in our installation, Tom, so my apologies for not getting back to you sooner.

There was a noticeable improvement using the unit where the environmental noise from the AC line was reduced. I believe my last steps is to insure that RF isn't getting back into the inexpensive audio equipment being used.

Tom is being quite generous in helping out fellow radio enthusiasts with improving their installation. I had ours installed by our electricians but for a semi-permanent or movable situation could install appropriate heavy duty cords to the unit.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom