• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

"3-HD" in Hartford?

K

KML0224

Most of the time at work, I have a TV tuned to WFSB-DT channel 33 since they usually come in the strongest with an indoor antenna. Anyway, While "Oprah" was on, I couldn't help but notice a little "3-HD" bug in the bottom right (the "3" circle logo with "HD" to its right). It was in the blank area on the right where the analog channel 3 viewer wouldn't see anything. Does this mean that they may start originating some HD programming locally in the not-too-distant future?<P ID="signature">______________
#13 Dan Marino...2005 Football Hall Of Fame Inductee :)</P>

> Most of the time at work, I have a TV tuned to WFSB-DT
> channel 33 since they usually come in the strongest with an
> indoor antenna. Anyway, While "Oprah" was on, I couldn't
> help but notice a little "3-HD" bug in the bottom right (the
> "3" circle logo with "HD" to its right). It was in the blank
> area on the right where the analog channel 3 viewer wouldn't
> see anything. Does this mean that they may start originating
> some HD programming locally in the not-too-distant future?

It doesn't mean anything. I think it's just a feature of the equipment that encodes the signal which is used for inserting IDs and bugs. Down where I am, WSET-DT had a full-color bug that had the 13 logo and WSET-DT Lynchburg in the same location you describe when they first signed on (the reason, I was told, was that they didn't have WSET-DT in any of the IDs they did already). They eventually dropped it and now once in a while they'll do a digital-only ID like that or put a bug in the corner. My local CBS, WDBJ-7, also does digital-only IDs occasionally that say "WDBJ-DT Roanoke" or whatever, though they appear in the bottom center of the screen, and on the digital only.

- Trip<P ID="signature">______________
Visit my website, www.rabbitears.info! It's eventually going to be your one resource for television info! Digital television, histories, and technical information for the entire USA from one source!</P>

> Most of the time at work, I have a TV tuned to WFSB-DT
> channel 33 since they usually come in the strongest with an
> indoor antenna. Anyway, While "Oprah" was on, I couldn't
> help but notice a little "3-HD" bug in the bottom right (the
> "3" circle logo with "HD" to its right). It was in the blank
> area on the right where the analog channel 3 viewer wouldn't
> see anything. Does this mean that they may start originating
> some HD programming locally in the not-too-distant future?
>

Actually, I think they are doing something else, I did a rescan recently, and I'm now showing HD-1, HD-2 & HD-3, main is still WFSB, 2 is still WSHM, but 3 is a blank, I rescaned a few times wondering what was going on, I'll have to check it again tonight, I wonder if they are putting up some more programming.

> Actually, I think they are doing something else, I did a
> rescan recently, and I'm now showing HD-1, HD-2 & HD-3, main
> is still WFSB, 2 is still WSHM, but 3 is a blank, I rescaned
> a few times wondering what was going on, I'll have to check
> it again tonight, I wonder if they are putting up some more
> programming.
>

The TV I've tuned at work is coming up as "3-2" and "3-3". The remote won't let me input "3-1". For what it's worth, the "3-HD" logo also appeared under the CBS "eye" today during "The Young And The Restless".<P ID="signature">______________
The 2006 New York Yankees...on to title #27!</P>

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom