• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

2017 Holiday PPMs

Pretty typical holiday book. More FM got their 17 share while the usual suspects took a hit. Interestingly, WOGL saw an increase in the book. WTDY, however was laid low, perhaps being a non-factor. Makes one wonder about Entercom's holiday strategy going forward because I'm not sure how well this year's worked out.

Oh! And WOGL's stream showed up at 0.4!

WPHT, and 96.5 fm ratings

Both 1210 wpht and 96 5 wtdy need to change formats. Both stations are 100 percent bad, I don't care how much money they are making and entercom needs to realize it, holiday book or not . Entercom can't keep putting band-aids on failing radio stations and justify that both stations are successful and in truth they are not.

Both 1210 wpht and 96 5 wtdy need to change formats. Both stations are 100 percent bad, I don't care how much money they are making and entercom needs to realize it, holiday book or not . Entercom can't keep putting band-aids on failing radio stations and justify that both stations are successful and in truth they are not.

96.5 certainly looks like a candidate for adjustment; the options include fine-tuning and are not limited to a total... and expensive... format change.

Talk normally and usually under-performs in the December and Holiday books, as listening patterns are disrupted. WPHT is profitable in its existing format, and, for the 100th time, there is no other viable format for an AM today. WPHT is in the best position it could possibly be in, other than some fine tuning of the existing format.

Entercom realizes more than most on this board exactly what the real situation is, looking at real numbers (not meaningless ones). WPHT is going nowhere as a conservative talk outlet. Period. Why do you keep beating this ridiculous horse?

96.5 certainly looks like a candidate for adjustment; the options include fine-tuning and are not limited to a total... and expensive... format change.

Talk normally and usually under-performs in the December and Holiday books, as listening patterns are disrupted. WPHT is profitable in its existing format, and, for the 100th time, there is no other viable format for an AM today. WPHT is in the best position it could possibly be in, other than some fine tuning of the existing format.

I respectfully have to disagree with you about 1210 AM. The station is failing, period. No amount of money can fix a radio station that has been bad overall for years.

I think that putting KYW on 96.5 would be the smart thing to do imo.

The station is failing, period.

It was the biggest inauguration crowd in history. PERIOD.

I respectfully disagree with your idea that WPHT is failing. It's making money. On an aging AM band that fewer and fewer people listen to. But this fact hasn't changed your mind before.

"This is brand new information!" --Phoebe Buffay

I respectfully have to disagree with you about 1210 AM. The station is failing, period. No amount of money can fix a radio station that has been bad overall for years.

No, it objectively isn't. They already have news covered, and there is nothing, zero, zip, zilch, nada that could do better on AM. As has been noted, they are making money. That, by any measure for an AM station, is NOT failing. No matter how many times you repeat the same argument, it does not make it true.

I wonder if the Alternative audience would rather have great music than live and local chatter. When Radio 1045 was voice-tracked with little talk and sounded like a jukebox for years they had great ratings, but in the last year, since they went live and local and have jocks that talk too much, they have been slipping, is Alternative a music intense format.

I wonder if the Alternative audience would rather have great music than live and local chatter. When Radio 1045 was voice-tracked with little talk and sounded like a jukebox for years they had great ratings, but in the last year, since they went live and local and have jocks that talk too much, they have been slipping, is Alternative a music intense format.

3.8--3.8--3.9--4.0 were the 4 books before Christmas music kicked in and scrambled the market. Down a little from the low to mid 4's it held in early 2017. Doubt it has anything to do with the jocks. Whether voicetracked or live, WRFF has had a talent on from 6a-11p since it started with just Johnny and Wendy. Now it's just spread across 4 jocks instead of 2.

I'd take a guess and say that the Eagles are a bigger part of the decline. WIP has put up it's best numbers I can ever remember, and looking at WMMR and WMGK slipping (ok.... less so for WMGK), I feel like a lot of dudes have gravitated over to WIP to get their fill of Eagles talk.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom