• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

1977 History of Rock and Roll / The Evolution of Rock

D

Deejaybill

Is anyone running the 1977 version of Drake/Chenaults History of Rock and Roll anymore. All that time dedicated to the Fifties and early Sixties GONE in the 81 version. And what about " The Evolution of Rock " originally produced by Chum. Does anyone ever air that program anymore?<P ID="signature">______________
Deejaybill</P>

I believe everyone who is running the History of Rock and Roll (WGRR, Cincy ran it over Memorial Day and apparently their running installments on Sunday afternoons)is running the '81 version. Not only is the early stuff gone, there's a full hour of Barry Manilow and even Linda Ronstadt! It's been a long time since I've heard "The Evolution of Rock" anywhere. News/talk (former top 40)CKLW ran a few hours over a holiday weekend over 10 years ago. They reportedly wanted to bring in some of the jingles from their top 40 era and had to get them from collectors!

> Is anyone running the 1977 version of Drake/Chenaults
> History of Rock and Roll anymore. All that time dedicated
> to the Fifties and early Sixties GONE in the 81 version.
> And what about " The Evolution of Rock " originally produced
> by Chum. Does anyone ever air that program anymore?
>
<P ID="signature">______________
I'll get back to you when I think of a cute quote</P>

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom