• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

1970s Radio Question.

I have a reel to reel tape of a beautiful music/easy listening stations from the mid 70s. Sadly, most of the talk breaks & IDs were chopped out, leaving just the music, all Christmas music. Mostly holiday instrumentals. I'm assuming the station is from NY, NJ, or eastern PA. The only ID I have on the tape is an announcer mentioning "You are listening to The Stereo Music Circle." I'm totally lost. Any guess what station this could be?

Ellis B Feaster
WPOZ-FM Orlando

I have a reel to reel tape of a beautiful music/easy listening stations from the mid 70s. Sadly, most of the talk breaks & IDs were chopped out, leaving just the music, all Christmas music. Mostly holiday instrumentals. I'm assuming the station is from NY, NJ, or eastern PA. The only ID I have on the tape is an announcer mentioning "You are listening to The Stereo Music Circle." I'm totally lost. Any guess what station this could be?

Ellis B Feaster
WPOZ-FM Orlando

That was 100.7 WFMZ from Allentown which called itself the Stereo Music Circle. It is now Cumulus-owned hot ac station WLEV.

That was 100.7 WFMZ from Allentown which called itself the Stereo Music Circle. It is now Cumulus-owned hot ac station WLEV.

Thanks Ryan! I remember when WLEV was on 96, broadcasting from America's Little Apple. I thought it was either WRFM, WTFM, WPAT, WFPG, or WFMZ. I knew WWSH & WDVR never used that handle. I'll post the audio of the station on my You Tube air check channel in the next week or 2. Thanks again!

EB, thanks for stirring up in me memories of the old Feed & Read bookstore on Main St. in Kutztown when I was attending KSC/KU from 1979-1984. Feed & Read always had 96 WLEV on in there (afaik "America's Little Apple" as a slogan never caught on). One night I was in there and heard some cover version (that I liked, and I forget by whom) of the Beatles' "Day Tripper". Speaking of the Fab Four, Feed & Read was where I bought my first book about them: The Beatles: An Illustrated Record by Roy Carr and Tony Tyler, a year or so before Lennon died. (I've long since gotten rid of it as part of a spring cleaning.)

ixnay

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom