• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

1560 WTOD on at night?

Howard Dean

Inactive
Inactive User
1560 WTOD is on right now as I write this, Operating a low wattage but can still be heard. they are airing The Jerry Doyal show. Did they get an upgrade or the green light from the FCC to operate at night? I did hear a station ID for WTOD.

Thanks for the info, Yeah you cant hear it at all out on the east side. Now I see why. I've said it before but seems to me like they need an FM simulcast or another am station to simulcast on.

Howard Dean said:
Thanks for the info, Yeah you cant hear it at all out on the east side. Now I see why. I've said it before but seems to me like they need an FM simulcast or another am station to simulcast on.

What should be done is put ESPN on WXKR/94.5. 30kw sports blowtorch.

As for 1470/WLQR and WTOD? Simulcast WTOD's talk on WLQR.

Actually... I would put WTOD"s talk format on WRWK/The Zone.

Why? Even with WXKR and WRWK...two rock formats.... WIOT still kicks Cumulus' ass. Give up the rock, go talk on WRWK.

Couldnt agree more, The Zone is a decent modern rocker IMO but XKR is so freakin stale its not even funny. They got a good thing goin with The Ticket, just needs a better signal.

Theres a couple ways this could be done. 1. Move The Zone 94.5, move Supertalk to 1470, Put the Ticket on 106.5 and 1560.

2.Move The Ticket to 94.5, Keep the zone as is and Simulcast Super talk on 1470, Thus Super talk 1560/1470.

98.3 could also be a possibility, not sure why there still so hell bent on CHR.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom