• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

1520am Toledo format change?

Howard Dean

Inactive
Inactive User
Looks like they have dropped relgious programing. It seems like they are in a stunt mode. They are airing syndicated talk and at times airing this elevator sounding music. They are airing Stephanie Miller as I type this. They were airing Clark Howard yesterday.

My question is, was this station sold? They say they are a "Matrix communications station".

Matrix is an off-shoot of the Crossroads Church down on Reynolds Rd. I think they are also the same group that owns Channel 48.

Has 1520am actually dropped religious programming?? If so, what is their new format??
They are still owned by the Crossroads Church on Reynolds Rd.

All the relgious programing appears to be gone. There airing Jazz and musak with CNN news and a couple talk shows(Clark Howard mostly). There running commercials manily for TV 48. They run a liner about once an hour to ID the station but thats about it.

As far as I know the station is still owned by Pastor Pitts.

Don't they also own an FM station in the Swanton area, somewhere near there?

Howard Dean said:
All the relgious programing appears to be gone. There airing Jazz and musak with CNN news and a couple talk shows(Clark Howard mostly). There running commercials manily for TV 48. They run a liner about once an hour to ID the station but thats about it.

What are they doing in morning drive time?? Are they still airing Jazz and musak?

They are airing Bill Press and Stephine miller in the morning. Yep, the muzak is still there. They have also added dr.Laura(tape delay) on the afternoon drive(like WFIN does).

Matrix Communications is a wholly owned subsidiary of Cornerstone Church.

Encompasses WMNT-TV (MY58) and WDMN-AM 1520.

Pastor Pitts and Cornerstone are minority investors. Jesse Weatherby is the managing owner.

FCC records indicate that WNKL is owned by Cornerstone Church, Inc. with a tower located in Swanton OH, and it's directional to the NNW. Robert Pitts is named as an officer of the station.

WNKL is still owned by Cornerstone to my knowledge, but they LMA (think lease) to EMF (K-Love). Likely at some point will sell to K-Love.

They do air the Stephanie Miller Show. All three hours. So there are now three Ohio stations that air her show. 1520 AM Toledo WAIS 770 AM (2nd hour only) and WVKO AM all three hours.

willcail said:
They do air the Stephanie Miller Show. All three hours. So there are now three Ohio stations that air her show. 1520 AM Toledo WAIS 770 AM (2nd hour only) and WVKO AM all three hours.

The Cornerstone church has the Stephanie Miller Show on one of their stations.
Now that is surprising ;D

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom