• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

15 years ago today

J

Jul

PRISM and SportsChannel Philadelphia went off the air and replaced by Comcast SportsNet Philadelphia. Since then, CSN and TCN has changed the landscape of philly sports. We should be lucky to have these 2 channels to view local sports.

and Comcast is very lucky to have such a wonderful loophole to block DirectTV and DISH from accessing it. For now.

Adam said:
and Comcast is very lucky to have such a wonderful loophole to block DirectTV and DISH from accessing it. For now.
I believe the loophole was closed. I believe parties cannot agree on a price.

Bill_W said:
Adam said:
I believe the loophole was closed. I believe parties cannot agree on a price.

Yep, the loophole was closed. However, it's not price, as the price is industry standard. Philly has only 1 real RSN as well, so a $2/mo sub fee gives access to practically all local pro games. Fios and Service Electric(Allentown) carry CSN, and Comcast owning NBC can't overcharge Dish or DirecTV for it.

However, Dish and DirecTV now figure all the wealthy homes in the Philly region are in areas where Fios competes anyways. Allentown has two competing cable providers also. Neither satellite carrier at this point wants to carry it.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom