• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

1480 KBOX on the air

Over the weekend, I happened by 1480 and heard an eclectic mix of old country hits (mainly Charlie Pride and Glen Campbell) and some obscure rock songs. Even heard "Winter Wonderland"! The old KBOX Dallas jingles were played every third song or so. The top of the hour station ID was "KBXD 1480 Dallas". Anybody know what's up?

It's just filler programming until the new buyer takes over, I imagine.

Anyone know who this gentleman might be? His name is Chris Muse and he is the new owner of KBXD. It will be very interesting to see what this gentleman will do with this station. Anyone got any bets - or wishes? He bought the station three days ago for $1,500,000. Might be a good deal.

Brokered time is my guess. I doubt we'll see a format even if it is a computer in a closet. With that sort of debt service there's a good chance you'll never hit the numbers you need unless to go the time brokered route.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom