• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

1300 KKOL...

From KKOL's latest special temp authority application (all caps are copied from the application):

THE STATION HAS BEEN SILENT. THE STATION NEEDS TO RESUME OPERATIONS NO LATER THAN 12:01 AM SEPTEMBER 28, 2020. AN ATTEMPT WAS MADE TO RESUME POWER AT FULL LICENSED POWER OF 50 KW. THE STATION RECEIVED COMPLAINTS OF BLANKETING INTERFERENCE FROM LOCAL NEIGHBORS.
THEREFORE, IT IS REQUESTED THAT THE STATION BE PERMITTED TO OPERATE DURING THE DAY WITH ITS NIGHTTIME POWER OF 3.2 KW PENDING RESOLUTION OF THE BLANKETING INTERFERENCE PROBLEM.

Reading the past discussion here, I now get the context of those "complaints of blanketing interference from local neighbors."

I'm hearing KKOL 1300 right now with Spanish talk, // to 1680. Doesn't hit my PR-D5 like 50 KW. 1000 or 5000 watts? Maybe. Of course, I am not sure where they're transmitting from, maybe it is 50 KW and it's farther away than the 50 KW Vashon stations I'm more used to.

They've been talking soccer (futbol) and mentioning Palm Springs a lot.

BUMP to note that sometime between June and now KKOL stayed alive but flipped to simulcasting Salem's 1590 The Answer. Ownership is Salem again, who bought back the station from Intelli LLC. The 1300 daytime signal is notably stronger than KLFE, as well as the pre-silent transmitter which seemed to be installed on a tall potato lying somewhere in the Puget Sound.

I'm hearing KKOL 1300 right now with Spanish talk, // to 1680. Doesn't hit my PR-D5 like 50 KW. 1000 or 5000 watts? Maybe. Of course, I am not sure where they're transmitting from, maybe it is 50 KW and it's farther away than the 50 KW Vashon stations I'm more used to.

They've been talking soccer (futbol) and mentioning Palm Springs a lot.
Their only transmitter site is on Bainbridge Island.

And I spent 10 years on Harbor Island. Times they are a changin'

I just saw a KKOL-related news note at NWbroadcasters.com .

The FCC approved KKOL's license renewal and subsequent sale to Inspiration Media of Seattle. At the same time , the FCC ordered KKOL to reduce power by 30% to 35kw.

The FCC's approval/order is here:

There were no absolute winners in this case...
The difference between 35kW day vs. 50kW is not worth your concern. This was a compromise to get the 'Braindead Island' NIMBY's lighting up the Commission lawyers voice/E-mail to shut the Hell up.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom